10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhy

In my opinion, Pele isn't in my top 5 of all time, my top 5 is -
Maradona, Messi, Cryuff, Van Basten, Beckenbauer

Pele claiming that Hernandez is the new Messi makes no sense, but he rambles at the best of times anyway

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
His solo run in the CL semi-final counts for five pichichis. Also, Messi scored in 20 games, CR just in 15. Meaning Messi scored in more than 60% of the games he played, CR not even making the 50%, despite more goals.

Pichichi yes, consistency no. And look, Madrid trailing by 8 points. Coincidence? No.

Galning

His solo run in the CL semi-final counts for five pichichis. Also, Messi scored in 20 games, CR just in 15. Meaning Messi scored in more than 60% of the games he played, CR not even making the 50%, despite more goals.

Pichichi yes, consistency no. And look, Madrid trailing by 8 points. Coincidence? No.

Thanks Gneg :)

Hatem Ben Arfa

Pele

I was watching some clips from the years they (Brazil with Pele) won the world cup and the defending and goalkeeping from the opposition was horrific back then. And this was from the world cup so i can only imagine how bad the Brazilian leagues level of defending was like.

Example of terrible defending.

No doubt players like Pele and Garrincha had talent but the defending compared to modern football is terrible

Maradona >

And if Messi continues at the level he is playing at the moment he will with out a doubt be the best footballer ever.

The defending back in the days of Pele was horrific only in the sense that you get away leg breaking tackles every week. There are videos of people just assaulting Pele on the pitch. When you have to put up with that, I don't think you can say OH the defending in those days was bad so Pele's greatness is diminished.

What a joke.

Pele is no doubt jealous of whoever is talked of as football's greatest, he did with Ronaldo, Maradona, Romario, Robinho. He just has a big ego. For people calling Pele (unt, that is just the wrong word and extremely harsh.

What has he said about Messi that is so bad that he deserves to be called as such. He is a jealous old man, who spoke the truth. Messi at Argentina is different to Messi at Barcelona! It's the TRUTH! Pele is not a (unt for pointing that out!

And how in the flying F*** would you know what defending was like in the Brazilian league back then? Pele only went and won the World Cup 3 times for Brazil, and won World Club Cup's TWICE against the European Champions! Guess defending was bad in Europe back then so let's belittle Pele's Hat-Trick against the GREAT Benfica side, or belittle his 2 goals against the GREAT AC Milan in the 1963 World Club Cup Final! Because you know that great AC Milan side had no idea how to defend! FFS!

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
The defending back in the days of Pele was horrific only in the sense that you get away leg breaking tackles every week. There are videos of people just assaulting Pele on the pitch. When you have to put up with that, I don't think you can say OH the defending in those days was bad so Pele's greatness is diminished.

What a joke.

Pele is no doubt jealous of whoever is talked of as football's greatest, he did with Ronaldo, Maradona, Romario, Robinho. He just has a big ego. For people calling Pele (unt, that is just the wrong word and extremely harsh.

What has he said about Messi that is so bad that he deserves to be called as such. He is a jealous old man, who spoke the truth. Messi at Argentina is different to Messi at Barcelona! It's the TRUTH! Pele is not a (unt for pointing that out!

And how in the flying F*** would you know what defending was like in the Brazilian league back then? Pele only went and won the World Cup 3 times for Brazil, and won World Club Cup's TWICE against the European Champions! Guess defending was bad in Europe back then so let's belittle Pele's Hat-Trick against the GREAT Benfica side, or belittle his 2 goals against the GREAT AC Milan in the 1963 World Club Cup Final! FFS!

This is HBA posting on Barcaforum :

et_computer_kid_happy_surprised2.jpg

You gotta cut down on the exclamation marks bruh :lol:

dalitis8

Banned
:S. No pichichi for Messi

No CL for Ronaldo

:lol:

That is more important, than absolute number of goals. There is no point in stabbing a corpse. It's killing that matters.

Extremely valid point from Gneg

F

Flavia

CR7 scored another. 47 now, I guess. Messi better start scoring... just joking, but I hope he doesn't brake the 50th mark as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans