10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Oh my goodness, these dribbles with Higuian and Di Maria at the end of them, Argentina wouldn't need a defense.

Yugi

something tells me Pele will be always 2nd in history, after Lio Messi
what an epic runs and he will be better

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Pele will always be number 1. Regardless of his true ability, Pele was actually the first world wide hero so that will keep him number 1 forever.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
yeah, whatevs

Lol, right... Pele was what the public made him. Yes he was a great player but not the best. Maradona was much better than Pele.

Its funny now to watch Pele commintate and he never gives full respect to guys like Maradona or Messi, but will to like Chicarrito.... He knows they are better players thats why...

He already is 2nd as we speak! lol

Yugi

I have a theory that Pele was Cronaldo type of a player with better technique and that´s why ppl didn´t understand it how he can "rape" defence so much
i havent seen pele altough...
but messi is just pure inspiration, musae and genius

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

I don't like Pele, he's always so sanctimonious and always hating on Maradona and saying how Messi still is far away from becoming one of the greats.

Phatroonaldo

The thing about legends is that there stories are so much hyped, that if we go by those stories, you'd think that they are some kind of viking gods who with 18 inch twatters who could breath fire through their mouth and shoot blazing fireballs shaolin soccer style.For me just a goal scorer can never be the best player in the world. He needs to have much more to his game than that.

Pele for me is just like Ronaldo, they are goal scoring machines, they can score long rangers, headers, tap ins,beat their men, almost everything. But where is the genius, where is the piece of magic in that, that'd take your breath away and you'd be forced to say "How the fuck did he do that?" Yes there is the goal scoring, so what, gerd muller could do the same thing,but he was never the bptiw.There is no piece of inspiration like Maradona, Garrincha, Cryuff and Messi have. Most of the brazilians who saw both of Garrincha and Pele thought that Garrincha was the better player among the two. And who'd I be to argue against that.

For me Maradona is the best player of all time. His goal scoring record as a playmaker is phenomenal, his close control and dribbling is better than Messi. Not to talk about his free kick technique. Most people who saw both of Pele and Maradona argued that Maradona was the better one.
And Messi still has a lot to do to catch him + He'll need a world cup to establish himself among Pele and Maradona.

Yugi

The thing about legends is that there stories are so much hyped, that if we go by those stories, you'd think that they are some kind of viking gods who with 18 inch twatters who could breath fire through their mouth and shoot blazing fireballs shaolin soccer style.For me just a goal scorer can never be the best player in the world. He needs to have much more to his game than that.

Pele for me is just like Ronaldo, they are goal scoring machines, they can score long rangers, headers, tap ins,beat their men, almost everything. But where is the genius, where is the piece of magic in that, that'd take your breath away and you'd be forced to say "How the fuck did he do that?" Yes there is the goal scoring, so what, gerd muller could do the same thing,but he was never the bptiw.There is no piece of inspiration like Maradona, Garrincha, Cryuff and Messi have. Most of the brazilians who saw both of Garrincha and Pele thought that Garrincha was the better player among the two. And who'd I be to argue against that.

For me Maradona is the best player of all time. His goal scoring record as a playmaker is phenomenal, his close control and dribbling is better than Messi. Not to talk about his free kick technique. Most people who saw both of Pele and Maradona argued that Maradona was the better one.
And Messi still has a lot to do to catch him + He'll need a world cup to establish himself among Pele and Maradona.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
but Cruyff didn´t win WC too, I think it´s overrated... but Messi will win in Brazil and that will be killer. Messi, probably sharing the throne with Maradona like the best footballers in the world, lifting WC trophy at Brazil with Pele watching
beat it

iookram

:worthy::worthy: Totally spot on :worthy::worthy:

Phatroonaldo

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
but Cruyff didn´t win WC too, I think it´s overrated... but Messi will win in Brazil and that will be killer. Messi, probably sharing the throne with Maradona like the best footballers in the world, lifting WC trophy at Brazil with Pele watching
beat it

Oh, I definitely think that the world cup is overrated, because it depends hugely on the team mates they have. But legends are made by this stuff. If cryuff would've won it, he would've been in the same category as the two.

Players like Gonzalez, even if he was as skilled as the rest are forgetten. Why? Simply because he was born in salvador and his team wasn't as good as brazil or argentina. It might be unfair but this is the way it has been.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca

Nicely put brother! Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans