10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Messi played some of his best performances for Argentina in Copa 2007 at the age of 19. He was Argentina best player alongside Tevez in WC2010, though still playing as AM in the team. People need to stop making drama about Messi/Argentina everytime the team fails. The whole Argentina team in this Copa was a total mess! Though I expected more from Messi but still by looking at how the whole team was functioning it is no surprise that Messi couldn't give Argentina what he does with Barca. Even in WC2006 despite having few chances he still played very good for Argentina. If a coach knows how to get the best out of him he will be the same great Messi we all know. No matter if it's Barca or Argentina!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Messi played some of his best performances for Argentina in Copa 2007 at the age of 19. He was Argentina best player alongside Tevez in WC2010, though still playing as AM in the team. People need to stop making drama about Messi/Argentina everytime the team fails. The whole Argentina team in this Copa was a total mess! Though I expected more from Messi but still by looking at how the whole team was functioning it is no surprise that Messi couldn't give Argentina what he does with Barca. Even in WC2006 despite having few chances he still played very good for Argentina. If a coach knows how to get the best out of him he will be the same great Messi we all know. No matter if it's Barca or Argentina!

Well a proper coach would be a nice start, but even Maradona himself would have issues his the two CBs behind him were Gabi Milito and Burdisso. For all the talk about how Argentina produces the best talent, it doesn't matter if they are all attacking midfielders.

Yugi

Hopefully 27, in July.

mate, how I wish this would become true, Messi lifting World Cup with captain airmband scoring winning goal in Brazil with Pele and all others watching
epic...
but he is demi-god already, he was unlucky on WC2010, GK had very good day and he hitted post so many times....

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
mate, how I wish this would become true, Messi lifting World Cup with captain airmband scoring winning goal in Brazil with Pele and all others watching
epic...
but he is demi-god already, he was unlucky on WC2010, GK had very good day and he hitted post so many times....

He's the best player in the world and if he dropped dead tomorrow he'd still have a great legacy, but he still has a lot more to show, as expected from a 24 year old.

Yugi

I wonder what will happen if he doesnt win it... Di Stefano and Cruyff also didnt win it and yet they are considered as two of 4 kings (along with Pele and Maradona)

Chainsaw

Killahead
Argentina will win something big with Messi. I'm sure of it. I waited over 20 years to see Argentina winning the World Cup. And despite all these huge failures that the NT brings to the fans I will remain faithful about it.

Messi is no God, nor demi God. He's a human and a footballer, and I'm proud he's Argentinian and a Barca player.

Ocurrente

First of all, he's targetting by his own fans for plenty of unfair reasons. Tevez, despite being by far Argentina's worst non-CB during the tournament, hasn't gotten nearly the same hate Messi has, because his image is that of a rags to riches man of the people doing his best, while Messi has been shielded by the most self-righteous club in the world and looks like a nerd. Don't underestimate the power of image, it's how a guy who has done fuck all with his career like Cesc is being fought over like a supermodel.

That being said a lot of people need to stop making excuses for Messi. He's still human, and the fact remains that he has not proven anything in his career without playing side by side with Xavi Hernandez, the best midfielder of this generation and the most important Spanish national team player of in history. Football is a team game, and Messi cannot be blamed for playing for terrible coaches, useless defenders, and brain-dead forwards, but it does mean something that Messi has only scored more than 3 goals internationally one year.

i think the main reason why messi is being criticized is because he never played in Argentina, so he has no supporters.
Tevez played for Boca. All Boca environment, including media, supports him no matter what. Messi is at a disadvantage in regards to the rest of players. He is like a foreign.

Chainsaw

Killahead
i think the main reason why messi is being criticized is because he never played in Argentina, so he has no supporters.
Tevez played for Boca. All Boca environment, including media, supports him no matter what. Messi is at a disadvantage in regards to the rest of players. He is like a foreign.

That's just one of the reasons. Unfortunately there raised a belief in Argentina after Maradona that someone has to come as Jesus Christ and Save the whole country all by himself. You see loads of players showed up after Maradona and all were called the 'Next Maradona' by the fans, but all failed one by one. Messi is the biggest star raised from Argentina after Maradona era and people need to stop these dumb comparisons and respect the players as what they are. Drama queens moaning about everything that they can need to stop destryong their own talents that God has given to 'em and be supportive of Messi and any other Argentinian talents out there.

Barcafan 2304

Argentina will win something big with Messi. I'm sure of it. I waited over 20 years to see Argentina winning the World Cup. And despite all these huge failures that the NT brings to the fans I will remain faithful about it.

Messi is no God, nor demi God. He's a human and a footballer, and I'm proud he's Argentinian and a Barca player.

Love to see it happen but not so sure mate. They have the talent but can't seem to get it to gel

oggmar

Can anyone quote some comments regarding Messi after the Uruguay loss from the media(Argentina media). Is there still much hate going on?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Messi will play 2 charity games during his holiday: 28 July Chile, organized by Marcelo Salas; 31 July Mexico, organized by himself. [sport] :shh:

X

xaviniesta

i know that after barca lost to arsenal this season, messi didn't talk to anyone in two days. thats how he deals with it. i thing he is right now with his family and trying to get support from them. he has told that family and friends are the only ones that matters to him. i think he is more welcom in barcelona than in argentina acually.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
First of all, he's targetting by his own fans for plenty of unfair reasons. Tevez, despite being by far Argentina's worst non-CB during the tournament, hasn't gotten nearly the same hate Messi has, because his image is that of a rags to riches man of the people doing his best, while Messi has been shielded by the most self-righteous club in the world and looks like a nerd. Don't underestimate the power of image, it's how a guy who has done fuck all with his career like Cesc is being fought over like a supermodel.

That being said a lot of people need to stop making excuses for Messi. He's still human, and the fact remains that he has not proven anything in his career without playing side by side with Xavi Hernandez, the best midfielder of this generation and the most important Spanish national team player of in history. Football is a team game, and Messi cannot be blamed for playing for terrible coaches, useless defenders, and brain-dead forwards, but it does mean something that Messi has only scored more than 3 goals internationally one year.

The less talked about Tevez, the better. The silence around Tevez means the nation has zero hope in him, a shit player with an increasingly terrible personality. Not all the criticism towards Messi is justified, but a lot of it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans