10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Robbie Folwer -

Wayne has redefined the role of a centre-forward. Not only is he scoring goals at a phenomenal rate, he is also dropping deep to dictate games from start to finish.

“Messi isn’t that kind of player. He drifts in and out of matches. He wins matches with bursts of individual brilliance.

Oh Dear,this should be part of a advert to persuade people not to use cocaine.
17141865-lol-reaction.gif

W

Worms

i think villa has becomes emo lately because messi prefers fabregas over him....

so i want messi now to pay a lil bit more attention to villa....i miss seeing the two of them after goal like last season...

still messi and fabregas are great together....

its just that i really really really hate villa's hair and want to see it gone asap eventhought it has offside repelent system.....

so i pray to the great messi to solve this problem as soon as possible....

:lol: Lets just hope he doesn't start cutting him self while watching videos of Messi on youtube.

W

Worms

Actually, Fowler is kind of right. Partly at least. Apart from Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney is most complete attacking minded footballer out there. Watch and enjoy:

There's just everything in his game: long pass, short pass, through ball, 50 yards ball, running the midfield, pacing the game, long shot, technical shot, stamina, power, dribble. Very, very, very intelligent player. Sensational footballer! Yes, Lionel Messi was the first one reinvent false "9" role but I believe Wayne Rooney took it to another level. He actually runs Manchester United midfield very often, dictating the pace of the game - Messi doesn't do so, as there are Xavi, Iniesta & Fabregas to do the business. So I would say I agree with Robbie Fowler to some degree.

Wayne Rooney is probably the second best footballer in the world in my book. I wonder whether he takes more central midfield role in the future just like Scholes did as he also started his career in the final third of the pitch.

View attachment 3738

Cba writing essays to prove this guy wrong but I'll just say that the idea of Rooney being a complete football is utter shite,he can't dribble and his short passing and through balls are no where near the levels of Xaviesta,Messi etc,he loses the ball way to often.Not to mention his inconsistency and the fact that he was literally the worst player in the WC.

He hasn't got anywhere near the football intelligence of somebody like Iniesta or Xavi,only people in England would compare him to them.

I know this is nothing to do with football but he is also a disgusting human being for obvious reasons.

soarq

He is good but 2nd best......no chance. Taking away Messi, he aint as good as Ronaldo.
You mean Cristiano Ronaldo from 2008 or 2009? Things change mate. Cristiano is in his decline lately. I don't know what happened to him - whether it's too much muscles building in the gym - but he has lost lots of his feats: his agility is gone, his dribble is gone, his shots are gone. He transformed into a poacher, scores more but he's nowhere as dangerous to his opponents as he used to be. He became very predictable.

I believe there's no Messi-Ronaldo contest anymore for some time really. It's Messi, several other players - Rooney, Xavi, Iniesta, Benzema? - and Cristiano. He may return to his glory but for now this CR7 is terrible imitation of CR9 from United days.

W

Worms

I agree with you tha Cronaldo is overrated,the way some people just autimatically put him 2nd place.

1 Messi

2 Xavi
3 Iniesta

4 Ronaldo ? debatable imo

Rest

Barcafan 2304

To be fair, this is a guy who has scored 53 goals last season. Don't see how anyone can say he has dipped recenty. I don't like Ronaldo asa person but he is a very skilful footballer and much better than Rooney

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
To be fair, this is a guy who has scored 53 goals last season. Don't see how anyone can say he has dipped recenty. I don't like Ronaldo asa person but he is a very skilful footballer and much better than Rooney

I wouldn't say he dipped recently but I do see the point he's trying to get at. He's scoring more and more goals but he's no longer the dribbler that he was at Man U, and he doesn't get involved in the buildup nearly as much as Messi, or even Rooney. He's mostly a poacher now (a damn good poacher though, must be said).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, Graeme is a great example of a UK pundit who has completely lost his biases when it comes to Barca & Messi...He's effusive in his praise & respect...I enjoy as much, Ruud's admiration...For a world class talent like his, he recognizes greatness & their appreciation lends itself even more

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Souness is the only UK Pundit that I respect, he's honest and recognises other teams acheivements, even if their not from the EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans