10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry_IB

Banned
Apart from the poor penalty, he was still our best player yesterday. People cry about him losing the ball instead of just side passing, maybe because he was actually the only one to get something done. Side passing is not going to get you anywhere when you're 0-0 playing against a team with 9 defenders. Best way to do that is to dribble past 1-2 guys and which will force some space to open up. When you try to do those killer ball passes, it's most likely going to fail with 9 defenders, had he succeeded though, you guys would be licking his ass praising his passing. If we should complain, complain about Pedro and Adriano who even failed their side passes.

He does however look tired and could definitely use some rest.

CesDel

I'll tell you why, it's to show all the David Villa butt hole lickers that Villa playing central striker the last few games makes absolutely no difference to his AwFuL TeRrIbLe 1 on 1 finishing!

I never again want to hear Villa fans, try defend him and his finishing when compared to Eto'o by crying about Villa playing wide striker at Barca and Eto'o playing central striker at Barca and that that is why it's SOOO unfair to compare Villa to Eto'o who has the better record.

:lol:

Eto'o was one of my all-time favourite player but did you forget how many chances he was missing on his last 6 months for us?

Hatem Ben Arfa

Eto'o was one of my all-time favourite player but did you forget how many chances he was missing on his last 6 months for us?

not as many 1 on 1's as Villa, and not a run of 15 games with only 1 goal! Eto'o scored more goals with less shots than Villa in 08/09. Enough said!

X

xaviniesta

not as many 1 on 1's as Villa, and not a run of 15 games with only 1 goal! Eto'o scored more goals with less shots than Villa in 08/09. Enough said!

oh yes he did sometimes. the last two game were hilarious especially the game in mallorca? where he score at the beginning and then he missed lik 7-8 golden chances and a penalty in the very last minute :D

M

mitkoa7x

What happens when a lot of pressure is focused on Messi? Next game he comes out all guns blazing and absolutely obliterates the opposition, looking forward to the game against Granada.

Hatem Ben Arfa

oh yes he did sometimes. the last two game were hilarious especially the game in mallorca? where he score at the beginning and then he missed lik 7-8 golden chances and a penalty in the very last minute :D

and still his record was better than Villa's and he scored more from less shots than Villa that season!

and here you have a David Villa now playing central striker at Barca these past few games and still he's missing 1 on 1's just like before. ;)

I no longer want to here that pathetic excuse for Villa still mising so many 1 on 1's ever again.

Alexis will relegate Villa to the bench when he returns.

X

xaviniesta

and still his record was better than Villa's and he scored more from less shots than Villa that season!

any statistical proof please? i'm just curious. thanks!
and here you have a David Villa now playing central striker at Barca these past few games and still he's missing 1 on 1's just like before. ;)

that was one of the few games that he actually played the central role. 90% of the games he has been in the flanks.

ps! im not saying that one or another is better. i loved eto and i love villa.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

any statistical proof please? i'm just curious. thanks!

that was one of the few games that he actually played the central role. 90% of the games he has been in the flanks.

ps! im not saying that one or another is better. i loved eto and i love villa.

Statistical proof yes. I posted it in the Villa thread last season when this whole issue errupted. it's somewhere in there, but I'm not going to trawl back through pages to find it.

X

xaviniesta

ok i did some researching. not 100% pure gold considering my previous math skills though :D

eto'o:
Games 185/9, Goals 125, Shots 553 (22,6%), SoG 231 (54.1%), goals per game 67% 2/3
villa
Games 59/6, Goals 30, Shots 210 (14.3%), Sog 94 (31.9%), goals per game 50.8% 1/2

so yes, eto's stats are amazing to be true. and his first season (04/05) was magical to belive the stats from espn soccernet. 44games, 57 shots, 34 on goal and 28 goals!

still i can't deny the fact that they had/have totally different roles in this team!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans