10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't think there is much wrong with what Hazard said. Fact is Platini and Zidane were more "elegant" players than Messi. But Messi is better than them both, that is also now fact.

I also agree someone else should win it this year, someone like Xavi who definitely does deserve some individual recognition.

It is also not a stretch of the imagination to say Sneijder could have won it last year taking that he won the treble and led Holland to the world cup final, so it isn't a weak point to make their either.

Y

Youngie

I don't agree that Platini and Zidane were more "elegant" than Messi. Messi is a joy to watch. Kinda like watching ballet - that's "elegance" to me.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Some players get too romanticized, Zizou is a great example of it

If you ever saw Zidane live and were able to understand all the elements of football you could never underplay his elegance as a footballer. IMO probably the most elegant footballer of all time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No one is saying he wasn't an elegant player but his prime was a window of time that's already been dwarfed by Leo

And Zidane is one of my favorite players

Y

Youngie

Ugly stuff.

I hadn't realized how "awkward" Zidane looked. As far as "elegance" goes: Iniesta & Messi>Zidane.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
No one is saying he wasn't an elegant player but his prime was a window of time that's already been dwarfed by Leo

And Zidane is one of my favorite players

I stated Messi and I will state again that Messi is without a shadow of a doubt the superior player to Zidane.

However IMO Zidane exuded more elegance than most if not all players, including Messi.

Y

Youngie

If you ever saw Zidane live and were able to understand all the elements of football you could never underplay his elegance as a footballer. IMO probably the most elegant footballer of all time.

Platini>Zidane in elegance easily.

Don't make me post videos.;)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Zidane is a cunt.

Don't necessarily disagree with this, however he was magnificent in the late 90's early 00's he could do things with a football, that NO OTHER player could do at that time.

The modern day Zidane is Iniesta and Iniesta has already surpassed his achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans