10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/11/...-hazard/51907/

In-demand Belgian star Eden Hazard has played down Lionel Messi’s brilliance.

Following the announcement of the nominees for the 2011 FIFA Ballon d’Or, Messi was once again installed as favourite to scoop the accolade as he continues to dazzle the football world.

But for Hazard, while the Argentine is undoubtedly the best player in the current game, he lacks a little of the style and elegance of past legends.

"Let’s be clear", said the 20-year-old to Extra-time, "he is the best of all at the moment.

"But, in my view, he lacks a touch of the aesthetic elegance that [Zinedine] Zidane or [Michel] Platini had."

And Hazard also believes that perhaps the Ballon d’Or should go to a different individual this year, even if it is simply as a recognition of a long and successful career rather than a confirmation of the planet’s most talented player.

"Many players deserve it for their entire career, as [Thierry] Henry or [Ryan] Giggs", commented the Belgian.

"Last year, [Wesley] Sneijder deserved it, but I would also have given it to [Andres] Iniesta, Xavi or Cristiano Ronaldo."

he is probably thinking he will be better than messi in a few years after signing for Madrid

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So after 202 goals the goalkeeper who has received more goals from Messi is no other than Iker Casillas, that speaks volumes of how awesome Messi is... Also, Real Madrid is the second team that has conceded more goals against Messi, only behind Atlético de Madrid...

Yugi

add Madrid to the name of the opponent and Messi will score for sure

tumblr_lj3eezHKWJ1qgdxr2o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
This Hazard dude just wants to sound different that's all.
I don't classify Messi in the elegance categoy though.

Zidane was an elegant player, maybe a bit overrated but you really can't take away from his elegance.

Having said that, Iniesta is by far the most elegant football player I have ever seen.

Y

Youngie

Zidane was an elegant player, maybe a bit overrated but you really can't take away from his elegance.

Course you can. Zidane doesn't seem that elegant to me. More like awkward. Platini on the other hand was uber elegantness (if that's a word).

Messi on the other hand is elegance personified IMO.

Like watching ballet.

BerkeleyBernie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFszhr7G4yU
Their partnership ...it's like they have a telepathic understanding. :worthy:

That last goal is one of my favorites from last season, just the two of them 1-2ing their way through the opposition all the way from the half line. There are more runs like that which Allas didn't include, and it's clear Messi and Alves love working the ball together that way and do so intentionally for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans