10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frejsgodes

don't be a smartass. nobody said that.

he's been missing too many sitters this season. i'm just making an observation.

And yet has scored as many goals as Ronaldo in the league and more if we count the CL.

He's fine.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
nice goal. should have scored more, but guess he was feeling generous.

loved his link-play with Asexis, too. you can tell he appreciates having another player who can operate at the speed of light.

Phatroonaldo

And yet has scored as many goals as Ronaldo in the league and more if we count the CL.

He's fine.

why bring up ronaldo here when it has nothing to do with him?

i'm just commenting on his finishing this season. now you can't even do that without someone going overboard with a horrible parody which has become a parody of itself and another one bringing up ronaldo comparisons.

abual3bed1

a goal with minumem effort .. he is resting himself during the matches .. hopefully he'll miss the whole 90 minutes in midweek ..

+ he equaled his best goals tally at camp nou with 16 goals in liga .. he did the same in 09\10

BarcaGirl

Ray Hudson: "They're like a happily married couple, Messi & Dani Alves. Messi washes, Alves dries. Fabulous together." (4-0 Messi)

:lol:

zanela

Come the end of the season, these misses could 've a bearing on his individual tally and pure statistical awards - the pichichi, golden shoe etc. But as long as they don't impact the final outcome of our game(and it usually never does), there is nothing to worry. Strikers tend to have ups and downs in terms of their finishing over the course of a season. It's only normal. In messi's case fatigue has been a factor, and the extra touches and wayward finishing is only a temporary problem. I 've no complaints as long as he is involved in our general play and today he had a major part in 4 our goals.
- It was his pass that found Iniesta and the subsequent flick to Cesc for the first one.
- His run drew about 4/5 defenders before laying of a pass to Iniesta who found Cuenca in acres of space for our 3rd. While Iniesta will get credit for the assist, it really was Leo's making. He created the distraction for the opposition defense and space for Cuenca.
- Our 4th goal came from his link-up with Dani.
- The 5th came from a counter led by him and his eventual assist to Alexis.

Plus, moments he was defending opp. freekicks in our box. That's a whole lot of contribution from a jaded looking leo. Even when he's not at 100%, he's still comfortably ahead of everyone else. He was definitely my Top 3 tonight. However, a quick look at the Motm thread seems to tell a diff story. :lol: Perhaps, people couldn't overlook his subpar finishing, when in reality, he offered so much else.

BarcaGirl

2j3jwbt.gif

:wub:

ryuken

Sex 9 - Mes 10. This is one damn fast couple. And nice goal from him, this is the kind of goal i used to score with Messi in Pes, trademark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans