10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugi

comparing original ronaldo with messi, well yes, you can
comparing penaldo choker with messi, disgrace

Manuel Traquete

No they don't?

I assume that you're just trolling, but I'll bite anyway.

Of course they do. They might be "easier" goals, but obviously not everyone can score them. They are as valuable for the score and a team's victory as a screamer from 50 yards out. If we start discounting tap-ins and penalties legitimate goals, then the exploits of all the top scorer of this year (Gomez, Cristiano, Van Persie) can be called into question as well. If those were easy goals, there'd be more players padding their stats that way, but only the best goalscorers in the world can put those in with such frequency, which shows that it's not that easy.

And Messi didn't even score that many tap-ins or penalties. Pretty weird that a United fan is discounting tap-ins; didn't Hernandez scored a bucketload of those last season? I reckon those were legit, eh?

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
No no Manuel you're wrojng...p ins and penalties don't count sure anybody could score them...if Valdes was in the postion of Messi taking penalties and in the postion in the box for the tap ins then messi's goal haul would dramtically decrease.

ammarfcb

ze special one
No no Manuel you're wrojng...p ins and penalties don't count sure anybody could score them...if Valdes was in the postion of Messi taking penalties and in the postion in the box for the tap ins then messi's goal haul would dramtically decrease.

well ronaldo's missed chances against barca disagree with you.

Manuel Traquete

:lol:

You don't really believe that, do you?

Messi's finishing skills are way superior to Valdés's and most other players in the world. The tap-ins look easy because Messi is such a great finisher. Not to mention that Valdés and most other players wouldn't even be in the right position in the first place, since he doesn't have the goalscoring instincts of players like Messi or Cristiano and a few others.

The players who score the most tap-ins also happen to be the best finishers in football. It's a skill, an important one, that not every one can master. If Messi couldn't score tap-ins, he wouldn't be arguably the best goalscorer in football these days. Many clubs struggle to convert chances precisely because their forward can put "simple" tap-ins in.

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

I don't know what's funnier. Canto being a cunto or Manuel seriously trying to convince him why Messi is a better finisher than Valdes.

Manuel Traquete

I don't know what's funnier. Canto being a cunto or Manuel seriously trying to convince him why Messi is a better finisher than Valdes.

:lol:

I'm pretty aware that I'm being trolled (would be bizarre if any of this was serious), but I've always liked to engage trolls, it usually makes for some pretty funny exchanges :D

Hete BLKSM

At age 28/29 I expect Messi to play strictly as a midfielder. As he has been so good for so long, it's not unlogical that he will lose that explosive acceleration relatively early on in his career. But I believe that he will be very comfortable in filling a Xavi-esque role when that happens. His finesse and technique will make sure he will remain to be the best (or at least top 3) in the world, even though he will change his playing style.

LaMessiah

there should be a petition that if you respond to one of these dumb ass united trolls you have to sit in time out for 2 days.

sadly enough, i usually enjoy most united fans' take on the sport cuz i feel a sort of mutual respect but the two flaming douche nozzles on this forum are beyond pathetic in their attempt to rile up a board that has no affiliation with anything they like. even more pathetic is the people feeding them while knowing they are trolling. really makes this board hard to engage in.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
No no Manuel you're wrojng...p ins and penalties don't count sure anybody could score them...

Man you are really thick. No one said tap-ins don't count or that they should be subtracted from your tally. Let me try to dumb it down for you. Of course tap-ins count, no one is saying Ronaldo didn't actually score 53 goals last season. But if you look at a player's goals and most of them are easy finishes as a result of the quality of service he gets from his teammates and compare that to another player's goal where a vast majority are results of superior finishing and/or dribbling, you can easily say the latter player is better. It's also less impressive when his stats are padded by the insane amount of penalties that he gets by diving.

And I thought you hated Ronaldo? You hate Barca because they dive, right? So shouldn't you hate Ronaldo? Or do you just hate Barca cause they fucked ManUre in the ass in two CL finals in the past 3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans