10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

messi doesn't worry himself over things like that. he's a team man.
He can put the team ahead of him, but he's human. It can be romantic to imagine he really doesn't care one bit about awards, but I really doubt that.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
The team was bad as a whole, with the exception of Pique, Abidal, Puyol and Cesc. Messi and xavi were the worst to me, but just because they are our best players. When one of them don't function, we struggle. And tonight both were bad, so...

Yep.

Everybody can have a bad day without having a major impact in our performance as a whole except these 2 and Valdes. Both players were as poor as I have ever seen them play, I had a real hard time trying to remember they were this ineffective, and still couldn't. Still can't believe miscontrolled that trough ball down the stretch.

Having said that I will never get on those two for a loss because they have bailed us out way too many times, if anyone's entitled to have an off game its those 2.

Unfortunately it had to happen to both in the same game.

ricknattery

Worst game of Messi on his carrier.....
What you think guys?Did this bad game can affect Golden ball for Messi ?
The voting is tomorrow or has done?

votations were done weeks ago. Despite that, Xavi had a terrible game as well and same with CR against Granada. Nobody plays great all the time, Messi is still the closest to doing that

jayzsa

That's because he is the guy who has played the most in Pep era. He needs to slow down and not be so stubborn to play every game and Pep should be the one not allowing it in the first place. It's awesome Messi wants to play all the time, but it's not good on the longterm and it's showing it now

It's the coaches responsibility to decide who plays, and who does not. If he doesn't has the balls to drop him once in a while that's bad.

But what to we know? We don't have access to fitness evaluations etc,

ricknattery

It's the coaches responsibility to decide who plays, and who does not. If he doesn't has the balls to drop him once in a while that's bad.

But what to we know? We don't have access to fitness evaluations etc,

It's unhuman to play the amount of games and minutes Messi does, but I guess Pep has a soft spot for Messi and who can blame him for that? but Pep should show him it's affecting him and the team sometimes

Yaotzin

It's unhuman to play the amount of games and minutes Messi does, but I guess Pep has a soft spot for Messi and who can blame him for that? but Pep should show him it's affecting him and the team sometimes
It would be inhuman if he were playing like the English, at full pelt all the time, but he doesn't. He walks around half the time - often more. And he's just had a holiday.

The only clear indication that a player is playing too much is that they start getting injured a lot. Since that hasn't happened, I really doubt it's a problem. In the end, anyone can play badly, even SuperLeo. It's only a concern if it happens in multiple games, which it hasn't.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

It would be inhuman if he were playing like the English, at full pelt all the time, but he doesn't. He walks around half the time - often more. And he's just had a holiday.

The only clear indication that a player is playing too much is that they start getting injured a lot. Since that hasn't happened, I really doubt it's a problem.

err.. yeah maybe that is good enough for an arsenal fan.

but when player gets a stress injury then you are too late; the point is to catch it before.

Yaotzin

err.. yeah maybe that is good enough for an arsenal fan.

but when player gets a stress injury then you are too late; the point is to catch it before.
Well yes of course :) And I trust in Pep for that - he's the one who's kept Messi almost totally injury free.

And again, he just had a winter break..how can he be tired?

He doesn't deserve to get blamed like this by media, and on twitter. Messi is a superstar, but a human, too. Only because he's been extraordinarily great lately doeson't mean that he 'has t' be at the top of this game all the time. That expectation is simply unfair. Yes, he was not good at all against Espanol, but he'll hopefully bounce back. Winning a significant personal award can enormously help him get his act together.

dalitis8

Banned
Messi had his worse game for Barca in at least 4 years last night.

He contributed fuck all. It would have been better if h had not started the game.

Alissa

First time I saw a really bad game from him, he didn't seem to care, didn't even make one decent run. Seemed like he was preparing his acceptance speech on the field instead of playing; and to be honest who can blame him for that? Third Ballon d'Or in a row FHS, that's huge and even a guy like Messi can get nervous in front of such an achievement.

I know he was bad yesterday, the worst player on the field actually (lol never thought I'd say that one day), but guys, today is Messi's day so stop criticizing him and celebrate FHS, this is not something that happens every day, this is one of those days that will be remembered forever, one of those days we'll be telling our children about. So don't get carried away, don't let it pass by you but enjoy it to the maximum.

Having said that, it would be so funny if Xavi ends up winning lol. :D

Alissa

ballon-new.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans