10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barcelonista

Why are people assuming he would need rest? His last game in 2011 was on 18.12. After that he had rest until 04.01.2012, which means he had 16 days off. He got further rest against Osasuna in the CdR as well, only played half an hour as a sub twice. If at all, he needs more match fitness and not rest.

He doesn't have a MOTM performance (still scored 2 goals by the way) twice and he lost agility and his dribbling ability all of a sudden? :lol: I'd say he just needs to shake off the cobweb.

JonM

Messi does look not too motivated some times... It's like he just doesn't care. I still remember the Arsenal game that we lost I was like pissed majorly at him. I understand that he must be tired or some thing and that he needs to preserve his energy but why the fuck not get the actual rest like other players do then!? This unnecessary competition with CR7, which he has been for countless times, could prove fatal. Pep needs to step up and put Messi back to his place

The fact that he's never getting subbed out even in the most pointless games when the team leads 5-0 shows that this won't happen. Messi calls the shots.

BarcaGirl

Messi is now on four yellows. One more and he's suspended. We are so low on strikers this season that if we lose Messi to suspension it'd be doomsday, as our next matches are against Villarreal and Malaga (both away).

JonM

Messi is now on four yellows. One more and he's suspended. We are so low on strikers this season that if we lose Messi to suspension it'd be doomsday, as our next matches are against Villarreal and Malaga (both away).

Villareal is awful. It would actulally be a good game for him to miss. Let's hope he gets a yellow in the Malaga game.

M

mitkoa7x

I cant believe the refs see his handballs but somehow continue to miss the penalties in the crucial moments...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was a fair booking for the player, strange from Leo, tbh...2nd match in a row he's handled a ball and been correctly booked for it

T

tariqo

He definitely lost some of his speed, I even started to see that over the last season, and his dribbling ability seems to be worse too.I really hope thats only temporary.

S0EJs.gif

Hatem Ben Arfa

no one is attacking Messi. Just wondering what is going on.

He is definitely slower now, just look at the videos for yourself.

And last few games he's not looked himself in terms of effort or body language for that matter. If it is a matter of him resting during games......then he can rest on the bench for a change.....Is that not the whole reason why we bought Alexis Sanchez????

ivan22

wtb Messi 09/10

he seemed so much more powerfull back then. still it's a joke that we question the biggest player ever! he'll shine in the big games, no question. plus I think he saved it for madrid, yesterday. when betis scored the equalizer he realised, that he should put on a little more effort :D

FiReFTW

Like everyone already said, Messi indeed is less agile and a bit less quick as he was 2-3 years ago, its not a big difference and messi is still incredibly agile and has amazing ball control and can dribble past players, but he is indeed less quick and agile as he was, those are just facts.

This is the combination of

1. Ageing ( shouldn't be so apparent tho, almost unnoticable, but due to point 2 is a bit more noticable with messi ).
2. He put on a bit of weight, yes he is not fat or anything, but he certainly is a few kilos heavier, and the heavier you are the less agile/quick you are.

More weight means some other advantages tho, even if he did compromise his quickness and agility by a bit.

ivan22

people say messi has a bad day - watch his highlights - aknowledge that he's still fucking awesome

people say cristina has a bad day - watch his highlights

speaks for itself

Messi10

Wtf everyone? Take a chill pill the lot of you

33 goals and 15 assists this season

He got a player sent off . Scored 2 goals . What more do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans