10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhy

Messi played so deep against Madrid, I defo recall him collecting the ball in front of the back four and getting attacks rolling. And also there were moments in the 1st half when Barca had possession in Madrid's half and Messi was behind Xavi and even Busquets, it was crazy how withdrawn his role was, it was like his role in the 5-0 game, but a lot more understated, still a good performance from him, considering they had 3 minders for him in midfield, who's main jobs were to get around him at every opportunity.

P.S. Pepe is scum

Hatem Ben Arfa

It is an obsession because every time a Racism topic comes by you go on and on about it till you make it sounds like a genocide.

So Messi not running to Sanchez to celebrate on the third goal is strange. What did Messi do when he scored the second goal from a pass by Sanchez? Yep, ran to him to celebrate. But that's not anything of importance yet the other one is something to figure out?! What's the point exactly??!

So it's an obsession because I condemn racism on a thread when it is the current issue in football news.

you would be right if I brought it up for no reason over and over again, but I do not. so get over it. If it is the current topic in football news with regard to specific players then I am entitled to comment on it.

I'd love for you to quote me where I've made it sound like Genocide. All I've done is call Luis Suarez a **** recently and mention that context is everything. get over it.

As for Messi, Sanchez. I made a mistake. I am sorry for that. He did celebrate with him. I just didn't see his face in that huddle originally when it happened.

Pepe Silvia

You are entitled to comment on anything in a forum. People are also entitled to be annoyed as all hell by your comments because they are usually negative. It sucks the life out of threads tbqh.

Hatem Ben Arfa

You are entitled to comment on anything in a forum. People are also entitled to be annoyed as all hell by your comments because they are usually negative. It sucks the life out of threads tbqh.

usually negative. pls give it a rest.

I make countless posts tantamount to kissing the feet of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Sanchez.

CesDel

how is it an obsession?

I only comment on racism when an issue of Racism crops up.

I havent commented on the Busquets thread on that topic for near on 9 months.

as for Messi not celebrating Alexis' important goal in the same manner as his teammates running over to celebrate with him. I found that strange. If none of you think so, and that I am reading too much into it, then that is fine.

I'm not saying Messi is slower to find a flaw. Just that I have noticed it and clearly I'm not the only poster that thinks so.

What, messi didn't celebrate sanchez goal? Wasn't he the first one(or one of the first) to come to alexis and congratulate him? and also didn't messi point AND run towards sanchez after his own goal against betis as a thank for giving him the goal.

1:22 messi is the 2nd player to come and congratulate sanchez and from that video it seems as he came running pretty fast and he seemed happy.

Please just stop this bs about messi having problem with sanchez when there obviously doesn't exist..

Last edited:
T

tariqo

“Some players are finished when they no longer have the physique. Leo Messi will not be. Speed is a huge part of his game but it is only part. Last night he showed once again why he is so complete. Messi still lacks that turn of pace, that acceleration, that makes him so special — “it’ll come back,” said Guardiola — but he still has touch and vision. When he is 36 he will still be a great player. He showed that last night: in a game in which he was denied space, bullied and largely subdued, in which he was not quick, he still produced a wonderful assist for Eric Abidal’s goal.” - Sid Lowe

jayzsa

“Some players are finished when they no longer have the physique. Leo Messi will not be. Speed is a huge part of his game but it is only part. Last night he showed once again why he is so complete. Messi still lacks that turn of pace, that acceleration, that makes him so special — “it’ll come back,” said Guardiola — but he still has touch and vision. When he is 36 he will still be a great player. He showed that last night: in a game in which he was denied space, bullied and largely subdued, in which he was not quick, he still produced a wonderful assist for Eric Abidal’s goal.” - Sid Lowe

from which article is that? thank you

OriginalThinking

from which article is that? thank you

It's from Sports Illustrated. There is not a problem with pace this season as such. It was there vs Santos & vs Atletico earlier this season. It's possible he's carrying an injury or knock that means he can't play at 100% speed right now. Given that he's played football pretty much non stop for the best part of 2 and a half years it wouldn't surprise me if his body needs a rest. However he was still very good in the Classico in a different role. Pace doesn't desert you at 24.

Hatem Ben Arfa

What, messi didn't celebrate sanchez goal? Wasn't he the first one(or one of the first) to come to alexis and congratulate him? and also didn't messi point AND run towards sanchez after his own goal against betis as a thank for giving him the goal.

1:22 messi is the 2nd player to come and congratulate sanchez and from that video it seems as he came running pretty fast and he seemed happy.

Please just stop this bs about messi having problem with sanchez when there obviously doesn't exist..

I've already apologized for my mistake. I didn't see his face in the huddle. He did celebrate the goal with him. Again, I am sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans