10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
quite the dramatic posts in this thread as usual. am i the only one that sees this pattern? surely not. i still think he needs a bit of rest, i mean yeah sure maybe he's not running on the pitch for 90 mins but it's still tiring mentally if nothing else.

i found it funny how he got totally outsmarted by diego alves on the penalty. jukes going left, but goes left anyway after messi read the juke. fell right into his hands

+1

Diego Alves' stats show he is generally a very good penaldo stopper.

X

xaviniesta

+1

Diego Alves' stats show he is generally a very good penaldo stopper.

yep, he has even stopped penaldo himself from scoring!!! if penalty = penaldo then goalkeeper who's saving penaldos should simply be called diego alves.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Is considered? He is the best dribler in the world..he has 93 dribles in 19 games..the second player on that list has only 36.

As far as Messi giving the ball away, it's the least of our worries right now..if he would have been a midfielder it would have been a problem(I would much more like to see how manny times Cesc gave the ball away for example or Xavi in the last games). He is also the player with the most through balls and if he wouldn't try passes like the one he gave to Abi to score against RM, he wouldn't lose the ball so much.

Right now he has to score away from home or at least have better performances..Messi(and the team) creates so many chances, but they don't manage to score as they should. I really hope Pedro can recover his form. :( Not only that he used to take his chances, but he was also good at creating spaces for Leo. Right now, if the opposing team manages to take Messi out of the game(and with Iniesta out), no one is able to players on 1v1.
And sometimes Barca looked so disjointed that it was like watching Argentina.

Nice post as usual, Maria!
The only point I disagree with is the bold part. Messi does create his share of chances, but the amount of overall chances we make in every game has considerably dropped from last seasons. That can be attributed to injuries to key players as well as our game becoming more static in general in some of the matches in this season, resulting in enabling the opposition to crowd the strategic areas and easier fouls, more percentage of lost balls, plus weaker ball retention stemming from lack of proper pressing. players create a lot less space for each other by being static (the problem Argentina is suffering from as well) and also make it harder to chose a killer pass.

Last edited:

mixer

tumblr_lypjplvPje1r8yey6o2_250.gif

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Messi has been on top non-stop for almost 4 years... 08/09 treble winning season, 09/10 though as kcuf vulcano season with trip to Qatar, South Africa World Cup, 10/11 double winning season against a very strong Madrid, Copa América in his country and now 11/12 season with trip to Japan... If anything what he has done in inhuman and it's taking its toll, more mentally than physically... Too much football and no rest indeed...

T

tariqo

So far I'm really starting to believe that Messi + xavi or iniesta complement eachother. I don't think Xavi or iniesta would underperform without Messi b.c they don't have to score goals...they have to create chances and even without Messi they would create chances. Barca as a whole would underperform without Messi. But Messi would deff underperform without xavi and iniesta ( it has been proven world cup and recent games without xavi and iniesta)I'm not saying it's bad b.c any player in any top team would underperform if 2 of the best players in that team were taken away and replaced with average player. Cristina Ronaldo is nothing without Di maria, ozil ) We must accept Messi and any player in the world needs quality players alongside to shine. Right now barca are really missing xavi and iniesta but I trust that Thiago can make it...xavi or iniesta weren't as good as him at that age .

please keep this shit to yourself

where was iniesta when messi was leading us to win the league in 09/10
last game just unlucky thats all

D

danumber10

please keep this shit to yourself

where was iniesta when messi was leading us to win the league in 09/10
last game just unlucky thats all
Also it would be like me saying were was messi when they eliminated barca from champions and copa del rey. You are acting as if Messi won everything on his own or without the help of his teammates.

T

tariqo

Also it would be like me saying were was messi when they eliminated barca from champions and copa del rey. You are acting as if Messi won everything on his own or without the help of his teammates.

whats yr point stupido

u wanna say messi isn't the best player w/o xaviniesta ?

K

kroki223

I tell you he gave a wonderful assits to Bojan. He had some shots, but the goalkeeper saved. It was against Inter.

Last year in the Copa del rey Messi gave wonderful balls to Villa, but he couldn't score goas, from the good balls.

D

danumber10

whats yr point stupido

u wanna say messi isn't the best player w/o xaviniesta ?
I never said that but its is you who's speaking as if Messi never benefited from Xavi and Iniesta. Those are 2 of the best players in the world. to say Iniesta or xavi have no influence in Messi's game is just stupid. I'm not attacking Messi, I'm just saying Messi performs better with xavi and iniesta around which I';m sure you agree.

D

danumber10

I tell you he gave a wonderful assits to Bojan. He had some shots, but the goalkeeper saved. It was against Inter.

Last year in the Copa del rey Messi gave wonderful balls to Villa, but he couldn't score goas, from the good balls.
agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans