10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kroki223

he is mentally tired!! That's the truth. Where is Xavi and iniesta, when he score a goal, like in last season against ReaL??

K

kroki223

Messi doesn't have to score with argentina, because he has other task!!!!! Messi doesn't under perform with argentina.

Doobs

The Messiah
So far I'm really starting to believe that Messi + xavi or iniesta complement eachother. I don't think Xavi or iniesta would underperform without Messi b.c they don't have to score goals...they have to create chances and even without Messi they would create chances. Barca as a whole would underperform without Messi. But Messi would deff underperform without xavi and iniesta ( it has been proven world cup and recent games without xavi and iniesta)I'm not saying it's bad b.c any player in any top team would underperform if 2 of the best players in that team were taken away and replaced with average player. Cristina Ronaldo is nothing without Di maria, ozil ) We must accept Messi and any player in the world needs quality players alongside to shine. Right now barca are really missing xavi and iniesta but I trust that Thiago can make it...xavi or iniesta weren't as good as him at that age .

Nonsense! Messi can play very well without Xavi and Iniesta, nothing in yesterday's games suggested that he missed them, he was unlucky and is having a bit of a bad run. Xavi and Iniesta dont need him or each other to play well either!

D

danumber10

Messi doesn't underperform without Xavi or Iniesta. It's not fair for Messi to tell this. Messi needs to relax, be calm and he can use out his possibilities. Messi scored hattricks without them. I think without Messi Barca wouldn't have had so many cups! Without Messi Barca wouldn't have had so many possibilities to score.
and that'what I believe. Read my comment. I said barca as a whole without Messi would under perform. We need more quality upfront to help him do the job. We also need Iniesta back, But we can't fool ourselves, Iniesta is one of barca's best player and we need him to help Messi. Messi can have good games without xvi or iniesta but he can't have a great season without them b.c those are 2 of barca's best players. So it's normal.

D

danumber10

Nonsense! Messi can play very well without Xavi and Iniesta, nothing in yesterday's games suggested that he missed them, he was unlucky and is having a bit of a bad run. Xavi and Iniesta dont need him or each other to play well either!
are you saying that Xavi or Iniesta are not big keys in this team consider one of the best in history? If you are saying that barca can get rid of xavi and iniesta and it won't affect the team in the long run the you must be loco lol. Barca wouldn't be the same without iniesta and xavi and therefore messi wouldn't be the same. b.c of messi can keep his numbers witout xavi and iniesta why even have them in the team ?

Doobs

The Messiah
are you saying that Xavi or Iniesta are not big keys in this team consider one of the best in history? If you are saying that barca can get rid of xavi and iniesta and it won't affect the team in the long run the you must be loco lol. Barca wouldn't be the same without iniesta and xavi and therefore messi wouldn't be the same. b.c of messi can keep his numbers witout xavi and iniesta why even have them in the team ?

Sure the presence of Xavi and Iniesta play an important role in Messi's success but his individual abilities are not hampered by their lack of presence, he can still make those mazy runs and score outstanding individual goals, Xavi and Iniesta make the whole team better as a whole not just Messi.

D

danumber10

Sure the presence of Xavi and Iniesta play an important role in Messi's success but his individual abilities are not hampered by their lack of presence, he can still make those mazy runs and score outstanding individual goals, Xavi and Iniesta make the whole team better as a whole not just Messi.
In totally agree with your comment and never meant to say anything different. He needs a good team like Pele and Maradona did. No single player can win anything on his own.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Barcelona's Lionel Messi gives the ball away more than other play in La Liga, according to statistics published by SuperDeporte.

The Argentina international is considered the finest dribbler in the game today but has conceded possession 279 times so far this season.

:messi:

oz187

I don't think tiredness is the issue. He did some great plays considering it was an away game. I think there is a problem with his mentality away from home. He doesn't believe he's going to score and so he's missing. If his finishing was on point here and against Villareal everybody would be raving about Messi scoring 7 or 8 goals in 3 away games(Malaga, Villareal, Valencia) as well as creating many chances and going on mazy runs as well as great interplay with his teammates. But it is not just him, the whole team is consistently missing many chances away from home.

X

xaviniesta

In totally agree with your comment and never meant to say anything different. He needs a good team like Pele and Maradona did. No single player can win anything on his own.

captain_obvious_rock_gift.jpg

F

Flavia

All it takes is a dip in form to people start complaining. He'll bounce back, he always does.

Maria

Barcelona's Lionel Messi gives the ball away more than other play in La Liga, according to statistics published by SuperDeporte.

The Argentina international is considered the finest dribbler in the game today but has conceded possession 279 times so far this season.

Is considered? He is the best dribler in the world..he has 93 dribles in 19 games..the second player on that list has only 36.

As far as Messi giving the ball away, it's the least of our worries right now..if he would have been a midfielder it would have been a problem(I would much more like to see how manny times Cesc gave the ball away for example or Xavi in the last games). He is also the player with the most through balls and if he wouldn't try passes like the one he gave to Abi to score against RM, he wouldn't lose the ball so much.

Right now he has to score away from home or at least have better performances..Messi(and the team) creates so manny chances, but they don't manage to score as they should. I really hope Pedro can recover his form. :( Not only that he used to take his chances, but he was also good at creating spaces for Leo. Right now, if the opposing team manages to take Messi out of the game(and with Iniesta out), no one is able to players on 1v1.
And sometimes Barca looked so disjointed that it was like watching Argentina.

Alissa

And sometimes Barca looked so disjointed that it was like watching Argentina.

Isn't it ironic? Argentina tried so hard to copy Barcelona and Barça was like ahh don't worry we'll make it easier for you, we'll get down to your level. :D

Ok not funny I know...moving on. Messi will be fine, he always is when it matters.

cule19

Just stop shooting penalties to the same spot man! He picks that same lower-right spot about 90% of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans