10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitkoa7x

Messi isn't tired, yes he plays every game, but he doesn't really play for 90 minutes, that's his way of resting. My biggest fear has always been that Messi loses his motivation, and I think that this is the problem here. We are talking about a guy that has won it all at the age of 24, a guy that has three champion league titles, why should he give his maximum for a ridiculous title like the copa del rey, it's beneath him.

I hope I'm wrong but he just seems like he doesn't give a fuck, and that's the biggest challenge for Pep and the team, they have to keep him motivated, the question is how, what can they give him that he doesn't already have? He seems to love football so much that I always thought that he'll never lose his hunger but I guess he's no exception to the rule after all, why keep fighting when you already have won it all? I do believe though that we'll see Messi at his best during the champions league games, he wants to win two consecutive cl titles and he'll show that.

I hope you are right and he is saving his best for the most important competitions.

UberNjufer

Messi isn't tired, yes he plays every game, but he doesn't really play for 90 minutes, that's his way of resting. My biggest fear has always been that Messi loses his motivation, and I think that this is the problem here. We are talking about a guy that has won it all at the age of 24, a guy that has three champion league titles, why should he give his maximum for a ridiculous title like the copa del rey, it's beneath him.

I hope I'm wrong but he just seems like he doesn't give a fuck, and that's the biggest challenge for Pep and the team, they have to keep him motivated, the question is how, what can they give him that he doesn't already have? He seems to love football so much that I always thought that he'll never lose his hunger but I guess he's no exception to the rule after all, why keep fighting when you already have won it all? I do believe though that we'll see Messi at his best during the champions league games, he wants to win two consecutive cl titles and he'll show that.
why is everyone slating leo,he missed few chances last 2 games,so what.He didnt lose his motivation,i think he is just a bit harsh on himself when it all doesnt go his way,he does get a bit sad.Leo will get over it and probably score a hat-trick next game

BarcaGirl

Spot on, especially the bold part.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

totally disagree. That's what is said about Messi in Argentina jersey as well. And a more wrong conclusion couldn't be made imo. Barca is Making Argentina look good these past few games. we play too static and disjointed.

Also Leo seems get a bit stressed when we are not on top of the match or he is not satisfied with himself, and that affects his game. (this is showing how much he wants the win so scratches the "losing ambition" suggestion off.Recently it's not him alone. Even Xavi a 32 years old experienced CM who is the best at his position shows signs of stress and pressure. we're not dealing with it like last seasons. the stress that is seen in one player, intensifies the worry other teammates and traps us in a vicious cycle. We seem too worried about winning to focus on our game so as soon as something goes wrong we start to lose composure bit by bit. Pep needs to guide them back on track, and no one can do it better than him. Forget about result, relax and just think about enjoying it on the pitch and giving your all. Puyol is one of the few players that keeps calm and focused and that's why he is among the consistent best performers in the recent matches. Masch also has that mentality but we need this in our front line and specially midfield more. focused midfield = domination = better support of defense and attack = all minds at ease

many Laliga sides are also starting intense tactical fouling as a means to slow us down and we've become a bit slow in ball movement and ball retention which gives them advantage and makes it easier for them to foul us or get the ball back.

gingerless

quite the dramatic posts in this thread as usual. am i the only one that sees this pattern? surely not. i still think he needs a bit of rest, i mean yeah sure maybe he's not running on the pitch for 90 mins but it's still tiring mentally if nothing else.

i found it funny how he got totally outsmarted by diego alves on the penalty. jukes going left, but goes left anyway after messi read the juke. fell right into his hands

BigBarcaBoy

Honestly, to say Messi doesn't give a fuck is a total joke. This is a guy who has cried after we have lost. If he had scored the penalty and Alexis had not been a fraction offside would be having this conversation. Just because he doesn't beat ten men every time he gets the ball or score a hat trick every game people start having a pop.

X

xaviniesta

lets just say he was a little unlucky too yesterday. at times was selfish but still greated 3 fantastic chances for alexis, pique and alves.

the main problem is that we don't score goals. last 5 games messi has scored in 1 game (vs malaga 3 goals) besides that our defenders have scored 4 goals and other 2 were scored by alexis and pedro.

real madrid (puyol, abidal)
malaga (messi 3x, alexis)
real madrid (pedro, alves)
villarreal
valencia (puyol)

Last edited:
D

danumber10

So far I'm really starting to believe that Messi + xavi or iniesta complement eachother. I don't think Xavi or iniesta would underperform without Messi b.c they don't have to score goals...they have to create chances and even without Messi they would create chances. Barca as a whole would underperform without Messi. But Messi would deff underperform without xavi and iniesta ( it has been proven world cup and recent games without xavi and iniesta)I'm not saying it's bad b.c any player in any top team would underperform if 2 of the best players in that team were taken away and replaced with average player. Cristina Ronaldo is nothing without Di maria, ozil ) We must accept Messi and any player in the world needs quality players alongside to shine. Right now barca are really missing xavi and iniesta but I trust that Thiago can make it...xavi or iniesta weren't as good as him at that age .

D

danumber10

also, Messi needs other players with quality game to help him out upfront. Who do we have upfront? Cuenca? Alexis? both are great players but we need world class forwards too. We can't expect to keep the same team when other teams are getting stronger. Madrid has a bench capable of replacing any starting 11 player. It's not that madrid has better players than barca but they do have a world class bench. We always rely on puyol pique for the big matches. What if puyol and pique need rest? what if one of them gets injured? and then other one gets suspension? we should have a world class or at least quality sub for each spot. we are playing too many canteranos ( there is nothing wrong with that) but let's be honest, it will take years to really find out if they will make it in barcelona. (neither xavi nor iniesta were that good when they started

D

danumber10

quite the dramatic posts in this thread as usual. am i the only one that sees this pattern? surely not. i still think he needs a bit of rest, i mean yeah sure maybe he's not running on the pitch for 90 mins but it's still tiring mentally if nothing else.

i found it funny how he got totally outsmarted by diego alves on the penalty. jukes going left, but goes left anyway after messi read the juke. fell right into his hands
Come on, let's stop hiding behind the "Messi is tired excuse" We weren't complaining about him being tired when he scored 3 against Malaga. Let's just accept he's human and has bad games like every other footballer. There is not excuse for tiredness. He didn't even have a preseason ( copa america's 4 games would be like one I guess?) and in the pitch he mostly walks around while winger do all the pressuring. He's just human and not even maradona ( best player I have watched ) had great games all the time. he too was flop of the match from time to time. :satorra:

dalitis8

Banned
lets just say he was a little unlucky too yesterday. at times was selfish but still greated 3 fantastic chances for alexis, pique and alves.

the main problem is that we don't score goals. last 5 games messi has scored in 1 game (vs malaga 3 goals) besides that our defenders have scored 4 goals and other 2 were scored by alexis and pedro.

real madrid (puyol, abidal)
malaga (messi 3x, alexis)
real madrid (pedro, alves)
villarreal
valencia (puyol)

:messi: is saving his goals for the :champions: :D

K

kroki223

So far I'm really starting to believe that Messi + xavi or iniesta complement eachother. I don't think Xavi or iniesta would underperform without Messi b.c they don't have to score goals...they have to create chances and even without Messi they would create chances. Barca as a whole would underperform without Messi. But Messi would deff underperform without xavi and iniesta ( it has been proven world cup and recent games without xavi and iniesta)I'm not saying it's bad b.c any player in any top team would underperform if 2 of the best players in that team were taken away and replaced with average player. Cristina Ronaldo is nothing without Di maria, ozil ) We must accept Messi and any player in the world needs quality players alongside to shine. Right now barca are really missing xavi and iniesta but I trust that Thiago can make it...xavi or iniesta weren't as good as him at that age .

Messi doesn't underperform without Xavi or Iniesta. It's not fair for Messi to tell this. Messi needs to relax, be calm and he can use out his possibilities. Messi scored hattricks without them. I think without Messi Barca wouldn't have had so many cups! Without Messi Barca wouldn't have had so many possibilities to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans