10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirre_99

Well, Messi was outstanding again but this time he actually had a team that played pretty decent with him.

First three goals had major Messi contributions. I'm glad Leo has found his form, just hope he can keep it until the CL final :)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
o yea Messi received a check for 100,000 euros before the match in which he donated to Red cross.. nice god rewarded him with those two nice goles

Juan03

what an amazing player thank God I'm alive to witness this guy play, on top of the cake he plays for Barca the best team in the world baby, i hope he continues like this and he could easily break last year's numbers

barca96

davexo Lagos
11:14 PM Mar 17, 2010
Majestic Messi, I pray for you everyday that you will never come across any tackle that will bring on u an injury layoff. You make me wanna watch football. In fact you re God's answer to my prayer that another class act should surface after the retirement of my idol Austin 'J.J' Okocha! May God keep you injury free for life. Amen

lol check this comment on goal . co m player ratings

some African really leave funny comments on goal.
they are so into football.lol.

Lovely article about Messi. I'm not certain if the link has been posted or not. Worth a read.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/column...mpionsleague&root=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

already did a few pages back.
anyways a really good article!
"Rooney, for all his talent and prolific form, is not in this league.":flagvl8:

Last edited:

desoe

By the way, do you think that it's even possible for a player to get the Ballon d'Or for two years in a row?

If we imagine a situation at the end of the year, when Messi deserves it more than Rooney, but his advantage is not really so big like the last year (but still an advantage), do you think that they'll give it to him or they will choose Rooney, just because for some reasons it would be better to reward a different player?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
By the way, do you think that it's even possible for a player to get the Ballon d'Or for two years in a row?

If we imagine a situation at the end of the year, when Messi deserves it more than Rooney, but his advantage is not really so big like the last year (but still an advantage), do you think that they'll give it to him or they will choose Rooney, just because for some reasons it would be better to reward a different player?

To your first question - yes it is. Rummenigge, Van Basten, Cruyff, Keegan and Platini have all won it for two consecutive years. Would be great seeing Messi enter that list.

desoe

Yeah, I know they did, but it has not happened since forever. I guess we just didn't have a player, so dominant in two consecutive years so far.

How I said, I guess the World Cup will say its heavy word again. Too bad for Messi that he's going to be led by Maradona and Rooney is playing under Capello.

Beast

The Observer
some African really leave funny comments on goal.
they are so into football.lol.

already did a few pages back.
anyways a really good article!
"Rooney, for all his talent and prolific form, is not in this league.":flagvl8:

Good article and hilarious comments from the Brits .. some of them put Messi as third this year behind

1- CR
2- Rooney
3- Messi

on the basis he just scored 1 goals vs EPL teams :lol:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
By Iain Rogers

BARCELONA, March 18 (Reuters) - Lionel Messi was likened to a seasoned jazz musician after ripping VfB Stuttgart apart on Wednesday to fire holders Barcelona into the Champions League quarter-finals.

The 22-year-old Argentine World Player of the Year, who netted a hat-trick against Valencia at the weekend, scored twice and helped create another as Barca romped to a 4-0 victory which sealed a 5-1 aggregate success.

“Jam session at the Nou Camp,” columnist Ramon Besa wrote in Spain’s El Pais daily.

“Messi plays as if he were a seasoned jazz musician, always recognisable but different every night,” he added.

“He improvises with the same old score, the band follows him and he plays with a religious faith, and the fans demand that the music never stops.”

Writing in La Razon daily, Luis Buxeres noted that Messi’s stunning recent form, which has brought him eight goals in his last four matches in all competitions, had coincided with a switch to a more central role.

“The right wing is no longer his domain and he now operates with complete freedom behind the striker,” Buxeres wrote. “And the team is grateful for it.”

The German media were also effusive in their praise for Messi, the Frankfurter Rundschau pointing out the huge gulf in class between the Spanish and European champions and their hapless visitors.

“Barcelona and their superstar Lionel Messi were several ticks too good for VfB Stuttgart,” the paper said. “The Swabians got a football lesson on Wednesday at the Nou Camp.”

Germany’s Bild daily focused on how Messi had helped end the European career of Stuttgart’s 40-year-old goalkeeper Jens Lehmann, a former Germany number one.

“Messi fires Lehmann into Euro retirement,” the paper wrote. “The Swabians could only keep Barcelona at bay for 13 minutes. Then Leo Messi let rip—and how!”

Fernando Llamas summed Messi’s performance up in Spanish daily El Mundo: “With a soloist like Messi any obstacles in the way are flattened. Just give him the ball.”

a wonderful article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans