10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan03

he keeps adding layers to his game, to become an even more unstoppable force, its not just a matter of if he scores anymore, he can hurt you in so many ways, I miss the messi that would do those amazing dribbles, but I love this messi, that's probably the most complete player since maradona.

Layer on top of layers.

completely agree, the most complete player I've ever seen. I miss his awesome dribbles too but he has made up for it in Vision/assists.

ammarfcb

ze special one
don't see how people could comment badly about messi's performance

when shit like thi was happening to him all day long...

tumblr_ly1rmp1TOV1qlq3m0

tumblr_ly1rmp1TOV1qlq3m0

tumblr_ly1rmp1TOV1qlq3m0

LaMessiah

Such a bad game. Actually lost againt Ronaldo in a classico.

And suddenly that play. Not only is it the play of the game by some margin, its the decider as well. :worthy:
bad game? he had pepe, lass and alonso implanted directly into his ass all game. he played way back, trying to find space. he didn't play bad at all, sometimes the other team can have an influence on how close he can get to goal but as he showed last night he can still open up the game with his magic. and ronaldo did exactly dick before and after that goal of his.

and pepe is simply a disgrace to football, guy shouldn't see the field again.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

He was heavily manmarked. And if he tried to dribble his way through anyway, Coentrao, Pepe or Carvalho were right there to kick the shit out of him. His ball retention was exquisite, he created space by just being on the pitch and he produced a moment of magic. I don't know where the expectation comes from that he constantly needs to do a Getafe like dribble (probably because he sat the bar so high). This is Real Madrid in the Bernabeu playing with 7 defenders coached by a defensive expert coach who's only focusing to stop Messi. The fact he still decided the game with that lob shows who's boss.

Read what people are saying please.

No one expecting him to do a Getafe dribble or goal. Just expecting him to do a bit better in the aspects that they have pointed out in their posts.

F

Flavia

tumblr_ly1ls8ihRI1r3ut4bo1_400.jpg

Don't recall if it was commented here, Messi played his 300th game for Barça in the bernabeu.

Trillske

bad game? he had pepe, lass and alonso implanted directly into his ass all game. he played way back, trying to find space. he didn't play bad at all, sometimes the other team can have an influence on how close he can get to goal but as he showed last night he can still open up the game with his magic. and ronaldo did exactly dick before and after that goal of his.
Honestly? I think Messi was one of the worst players in the team for a majority of the game. Should be said though, thats because pretty much everyone else where somewhat spotless.

And again, I could give him motm for that sick assist alone. Its hard to argue about the performance when he decides the game in that fashion.

K

kroki223

Read what people are saying please.

No one expecting him to do a Getafe dribble or goal. Just expecting him to do a bit better in the aspects that they have pointed out in their posts.

I think the problem is, that you don't see, that he played in the midfield, not attacker. He didn't score, because, he wasn't his task. Iniesta could have scored, he had more possibilities, because he received more balls at that area. Messi was clever, that he disn't dribble so much. he could have injured.

Maria

Not too sure about that.

Anyways he really played in an Argentina-esque role today, he did it well but most fans see it as a bad performance just like most did in the WC.
Such a shame...

The assist was just beautiful, I mean it was just a masterpiece completed by the coolest of finishes by the coolest of players.

That is exactly what I believe too. Some of the cules are criticizing the argies for not seeing Messi's awsomeness when he plays with the NT, but now are doing the same. Messi is constantly evolving and I'm sorry if they don't want to accept it.

Pepe Silvia

Reading through the last few pages is really sad to read but I'll just speak on the performance from last night and move forward. He had a WONDERFUL performance last night. He was purposely quiet last night (all strategy) because of all the defenders he had glued to him. Drawing defenders deep was the most genius thing Pep could have done (did you notice how much space Alexis aka MOM had because of it?) It was a thing of beauty to watch Leo in action for all the little things he did. His runs were perfectly and patiently made and his assist for Abidal was magnificent (as stated play of the match and deciding factor of match to boot). Leo is truly a work of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans