10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoBJuarez

And that's his fault as well. None forces him to play every single game, but he wants to, and the coach will let him do that. Having a bad performance is still his fault, IMO. We all wanted him to rest right after he came back from playing with Argentina.

And then where would we have been against Deportivo?

alex88bg

If Tito rested him against Deportivo it would have been 5 points ahead of Madrid and all hell on the forum would break loose...And even with this match fitness he is better that anyone on his position....Even a draw last night was good enough...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He didn't play good, big deal, we still managed to win the game in an epic manner...

I think the expectations of some people here are very unrealistic... People expect Messi and the rest of the team to give masterclasses every single match, handing manitas everytime we play, like if it was a child's game...

Kerrybai

offc we forgive him :) we want him to do good but 5 in a row CL topscorer is not feasable anymore. Even CR has double his tally with 1 match less

Don't you think its a bit early to suggest that? Have we not learned anything from the past? We should all know by now that nothing is beyond Leo. He could score break last season's CL record in the space of 4 or 5 games.

Kerrybai

And that's his fault as well. None forces him to play every single game, but he wants to, and the coach will let him do that. Having a bad performance is still his fault, IMO. We all wanted him to rest right after he came back from playing with Argentina.

It wasn't a 'bad' performance. Also against a team that parks the bus he can easily play under 100 per cent fitness as he doesn't burn energy counter-attacking etc.

Me55i D105

Messi 14 goal from last season might be broken by CRonaldo if it continues like this. Expect at least another hattrick against Ajax so Messi needs to step up more in CL.

Paganinisrvnge

Messi will step it up. I would be annoyed if Ronaldo broke Messi's CL record from last year but I think Real will get knocked out as soon as they face a real team. In the past 2 season's they got to the semis by beating Lyon, Tottenham, CSKA Moscow, and fucking APOEL. I don't mean to disrespect those teams but I think Real had an easy path. If Dortmund win the group then Real could get stuck facing someone like Manchester United(not playing that well but still a good side), Bayern Munich, Juventus, Shaktar, or Chelsea in the round of 16 and face an early exit.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
He just gets better with the free-kicks, soon he will be the number one free-kick taker in the world :messi:
It really is brilliant how he has all of a sudden (well not exactly, but he is putting them in the right areas much more frequently). It's as if he's gone away during the off-season and thought "hmm, how can I score more goals than the impossible amount i'm already scoring.....Free-kicks!" 8 weeks later. "Woo-hoo! Expert free-kick taker achievement unlocked!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans