10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Messi's nothing without Xaviniesta, he doesnt perform for Argentina and he's not good with his head
You forgot he's one footed, short, horrible with penalties and free kicks. One trick dribbling pony really. :p

KhaledBarca

28774_521676331205921_177518965_n.jpg

Sorry for stealing this :) I have to put it on my twitter account lol :)

Papabeef

Technology, training methods, professionalism helps every player nowadays, not just Messi. Some defenders were normal farmers in Pele's days, smoking and drinking even during games. I don't think they knew anything from zonal defending etc. Goal averages prove defending has gotten actually better from them days.

Exactly! How hard can it be to just look at the amount of goals scored per match in any certain period and compare it with today, if you got the data it clearly shows that Pele was pleasured with a more open game, technology didnt help all other thousands of professional Footballers out there but choose Messi ! pffffft They will go to any length to discredit this Legend.

Lets not forget that Pele ( Yes to take a few things away ) was positioned in a STATE league... its not the top of Brazil even but Sao Paolo, when they actually united Brasil league he ended up scoring a lot fewer then against his states competition understandably... Messi had to go through Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico, Malaga, AC milan, Benfica, Brazil, Germany.... etc pretty big of a difference in terms of quality.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Lionel Messi: 86 reasons why Barça's record-breaker is simply the best

There are no more superlatives to describe Messi. In breaking Müller's record he's raised the bar to a height only he can reach.

"What's the next challenge?", he was asked. "Córdoba", Messi said. And with that he turned and headed to the dressing room, where his team-mates were waiting. As he walked through the door, they stood up and gave him a round of applause.

Good read as always :wub:

Last edited:

Xtroverto

I love that picture, even when just taking a picture Puyol gives 150%, look at that face, he's ready to eat the cameraman alive ROFL. The day when Puyol retires will be even worse than the day when Messi retires, i fear that day more than anything else really.

Last edited:

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Some friends are saying technology helps Messi a great deal nowadays, Pele "made magic" on a time where "footballers didn't have help from technology". That's how far brazilians go to try to undermine Messi and favour Pele. They ignore the fact the game also changed a great deal since then.

I would say to Pele all players have help from technology, even the defenders that can see Messi's footage everytime they want and learn how to stop him.

abual3bed1

- Leo scored 56 goals in 34 matches in Liga during 2012, Muller had 42 in 34

- Messi has 13 goals in 11 matches for UCl, Muller had 10 in 4.

- Messi has 3 goals in 7 Copa matches, Muller had 7 in 6.

- September was Leo's best month with 13 goals, Muller had the same number of goals in March which is also his highest scoring month.

- Messi scored 86 in 66 matches for Barca and Argentina, Muller had 85 in 60 for Beyern and Germany.

- Leo scored 76 goals with his left foot, 7 with his right and 3 headers.

- 74 goals were from inside the penalty area (including 14 penalties) and 12 from outside including 7 FKs.

- Malaga and Leverkusen conceded the most from Leo in 2012, both with 6 goals.

- Iniesta (9), Cesc and Alexis with 6 have the most assists for Leo this year.

- Messi has 23 goals in 15 Liga matches this season, joint most with CR who had the same numbers last season.

- Messi scored 5 braces in last 5 liga matches.

- Messi scored his 1st liga goal at Benito Villamarin, he had a goal before in Copa 10/11.

- Leo completed 44 passes of 54.

http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/primer-equipo/detalle/noticia/el-escaner-del-record-de-messi

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Canal+ aired a special on Messi comparing him to the Torpedo at 2200...Will try to track it down but appreciate someone linking it if they come across it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans