10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tariqo

I think that he'll beat his record in 2013 :lol: He's too much... he competes with himself and history...:worthy:

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

28774_521676331205921_177518965_n.jpg

Xtroverto

I was just reading some comments on youtube about Pele having the calendar year record of 127 goals in a year. I guess he played some friendly games in that year but so did Messi in this year . So how come Messi owns this record ?

Well if we are to believe RSSSF who is the only source online, Gerd Muller scored 146 goals including friendlies in 1976-77 and 137 goals including friendlies in 1971-72 so the 126 by Pele in not a record by any means.

http://www.rsssf.com/players/prolific.html#gmueller

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
My prediction is that he will reach 90 before January.

I have a feeling he might go a little nuts against Atletico (Even with their surprisingly impressive defensive form) as he has done in the past in the Nou Camp - Perhaps a hat-rick. And then Valladolid away should see him score at least 1.

Either way, i'm glad to see him stamp his claim on a record he thoroughly deserves. What a player he is.

F

Flavia

Some friends are saying technology helps Messi a great deal nowadays, Pele "made magic" on a time where "footballers didn't have help from technology". That's how far brazilians go to try to undermine Messi and favour Pele. They ignore the fact the game also changed a great deal since then.

J

jiopi

Some friends are saying technology helps Messi a great deal nowadays, Pele "made magic" on a time where "footballers didn't have help from technology". That's how far brazilians go to try to undermine Messi and favour Pele. They ignore the fact the game also changed a great deal since then.
Technology, training methods, professionalism helps every player nowadays, not just Messi. Some defenders were normal farmers in Pele's days, smoking and drinking even during games. I don't think they knew anything from zonal defending etc. Goal averages prove defending has gotten actually better from them days.

M

mitkoa7x

Technology, training methods, professionalism helps every player nowadays, not just Messi. Some defenders were normal farmers in Pele's days, smoking and drinking even during games. I don't think they knew anything from zonal defending etc. Goal averages prove defending has gotten actually better from them days.

Messi's nothing without Xaviniesta, he doesnt perform for Argentina and he's not good with his head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans