10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xaviniesta

Sorry to say it but guaranteed to be dreadful...American journalism is generally rubbish and coverage of football has largely been disappointing...60 minutes has a great pedigree but this feels like a ratings decision to go with Leo...Bob Simon is 71 years old, I doubt very much he's suddenly going to understand football let alone do it justice...Target audience so it'll be geared towards them - complete with how much money he makes, marketing, trophies and Pele/Maradona comparisons

i'd still watch this. they will definately pick some great scenes i havent seen before.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
i'd still watch this. they will definately pick some great scenes i havent seen before.

Oh I'll be sure to watch but I was merely pointing out that it will largely be superficial...The interview will be the most interesting I imagine since we see so little of Messi actually being interviewed

But Bob Simon, my word...Imagine your grandfather interviewing someone in a sport they don't understand...Couldn't they get an actual footballer?...Imagine if they had gotten Ray Hudson to interview him

abual3bed1

What happened in 2007/08 ? Was he injured ?

Multiple times. Against Valencia only a week before the clascio which FCB lost 0-1 at Cmap Nou, then the famous Celtic injury where he left the pitch crying. both causing him to stay out for 6 weeks each.

BarcaGirl

16 mio is too much ... and to think that Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets get so much more less and they are just as important as Leo ...I think it's way to much.

Kerrybai

What happened in 2007/08 ? Was he injured ?

He was injured around Christmas and then got injured again against Celtic in the CL. However he played roughly the same amount of games as in 2006/2007 but increased his assists from 3-13.

Kerrybai

16 million? Oh man Ronaldo is going to be raging, and to think Madrid can't increase his salary :lol:

Give him 20 million if he wants it. The guy is walking us to another La Liga title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans