10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mes que un club

"And Vilanova’s Barça rolls on. I, in my role of half-assed “authority” get asked by people if I am worried that Messi scores so many of the team’s goals, and I always struggle with the answer to that question, until today, until now.

No. Because his goals aren’t coming as a consequence of him demanding the ball, of people feeding him first, of his play being so dominant that it forces the club to play in a different manner. Except for his two goals, the club didn’t really have Messi, even as it had his defense-shifting presence. Messi’s goals come as a consequence of how the club plays, and his roving role in that talented Hydra that is FC Barcelona."

http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com/18089/bara-4-athletico-1-aka-pretty-beautiful/

Garrus

Why is it such a conundrum to everyone.
He scores most of our goals, Because they pass and create chances for him the most.
Why?
Because he's the best striker in the world, And a ball in his feet is a guaranteed goal
So?
It means winning games and being 13 points away from madrid

SOLVED

Kerrybai

Japan?

I couldn't find Japan friendly in Fifa.com fixture list.

22+6+7+6=41 if there will be Japan friendly.

I think I'm wrong about the opponent but usually Argentina would have at least 2 friendlies between Jan and June, we'll have to see if it's just one this year.

Kerrybai

german newspapers say so..

Kicker.de: says of course messis new contract includes a high salary raise

and sportal says "Der Sprecher wollte auch nicht sagen, ob der neue Kontrakt Messi zum bestbezahlten Fußballer der Welt macht. "

"barca wont tell if messis new contract makes him the highest paid footballer on earth again.."

There is no way that Barca will pay him more than Etoo is getting in Russia.

ShandyFFM

perhaps he will get the same money as before but i guess he might have some special options in his contract ..perhaps something like " he will remain the best paid barca player" or "its up to him how long he will play for barca" or " he might have some voice about new signing especially when barca is about to sign a new attacker.... on last thing could be that he "dont need to lern catalan anymore " :lol: what u guys think ?

Yannick03

perhaps he will get the same money as before but i guess he might have some special options in his contract ..perhaps something like " he will remain the best paid barca player" or "its up to him how long he will play for barca" or " he might have some voice about new signing especially when barca is about to sign a new attacker.... on last thing could be that he "dont need to lern catalan anymore " :lol: what u guys think ?

Just an extension I guess and probably more commitment for Barça to help Leo's foundation.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Barça is not paying him 20 M like Etoo in the oil club. No way.

Cule4life

The Culest
Why is it such a conundrum to everyone.
He scores most of our goals, Because they pass and create chances for him the most.
Why?
Because he's the best striker in the world, And a ball in his feet is a guaranteed goal
So?
It means winning games and being 13 points away from madrid

SOLVED

What happens if he is triple marked? Who will get the goals? Sanchez? Pedro?(Villa will warm the bench as usual :angry:) We cant rely on players like Adriano or Busi to come up everytime. We dont want another Celtic or Chelsea.
Prevention is always better than cure. Just because a problem hasn't occured yet doesn't mean we should disregard it, not at the highest level of football where a small mistake can be the difference between glory and Heartbreak

CatalinR10

What happens if he is triple marked? Who will get the goals? Sanchez? Pedro?(Villa will warm the bench as usual :angry:) We cant rely on players like Adriano or Busi to come up everytime. We dont want another Celtic or Chelsea.
Prevention is always better than cure. Just because a problem hasn't occured yet doesn't mean we should disregard it, not at the highest level of football where a small mistake can be the difference between glory and Heartbreak

SOON.....

Neymar_deja_balon_disfraces-2.jpeg

lessthanjake

He is always triple marked basically. And he virtually always scores. Just because he is being triple marked in any given match does not mean that the team will say "Oh no, Messi is being triple marked, we better try to make chances for others." They are much more likely to say "The defense is doing what teams always do against Messi. He is virtually always able to score despite it. Let's go back to him."

Usually that proves to be the right logic. Sometimes, Messi is not able to score. That doesn't mean the decision to go to him was stupid at the time though. And if it's not stupid to go to him at the time, then the team will keep doing that again and again. If they are going to keep going to him no matter what, then there is never a scenario where they have to decide who will get the goals instead of Messi (unless he gets injured, of course). They are always just going for Messi! If they're gonna keep feeding him the chances, then the other forwards will never be the recipients of many chances, so maybe it doesn't matter that much of they are super clinical or not.

Leo10

Do you like 60 Minutes? Do you like sports? Well, you’re in luck, because 60 Minutes Sports is just around the corner.

Beginning on Jan. 9, 2013, the new program will air on Showtime once a month. The premiere episode will be on at 10 p.m. ET and will spotlight one of the biggest stars in the world: 25-year-old soccer star Lionel Messi.
Bob Simon went to Spain to talk to the Argentine who just broke the 40-year-old record for scoring the most goals in a calendar year.
Also in the maiden episode will be an inside look at the case against Lance Armstrong, reported by Scott Pelley. Lara Logan will also have an update of her story on free solo climber Alex Honnold.

Check out a preview of the Messi feature below.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sorry to say it but guaranteed to be dreadful...American journalism is generally rubbish and coverage of football has largely been disappointing...60 minutes has a great pedigree but this feels like a ratings decision to go with Leo...Bob Simon is 71 years old, I doubt very much he's suddenly going to understand football let alone do it justice...Target audience so it'll be geared towards them - complete with how much money he makes, marketing, trophies and Pele/Maradona comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans