10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He's being sarcastic

Truthfully yes, except there is an element of truth in what I said. What Messi had to go through was a lot to earn his Argentinian crowd. It required a campaign from former players, and current players in Higuain and Sergio, to lift the weight of his shoulders. On assists, on goals, Higuain and Kun hug him, point to him, and make sure that the fans acknowledge his contribution.

Other players have earned it on home soil, they were exported as Argentinian national pride, whereas Messi was unrecognized considering his circumstances. It wasn't enough for his home country that he spends most of his time there during holidays and that he has a kid from an Argentinian lady, he had to reiterate his commitment to Argentina after each loss. But there is plenty to blame him for, I mean he never was vocal about his team, he rarely displayed any enthusiasm because it isn't him to do so, he just plays football better than anyone else, and failed. Had he sang praises of his country, sweatened his words to his home country and had he been a little luckier he would have perhaps been well received by his home fans. But he hasn't, in fact reports of him saying how terrible of a captain when he was first handed the arm band resonated more doubt than assurance that he is in fact a leader of this Argentinian team. That is another reason why Tevez and Lavezzi should stay the fuck out, they haven't dedicated anything towards Messi, which I am totally against, but it is the only way with such an imbalanced team. Higuain and Kun curbed their own egos to help the Human Experiment, for the better of the team. If there is anyone who can pull the magic, it is him. If the defense was any better, I'd say the team has enough to win it without Messi actually considering the pressure he brings to the team and the confusion his position makes.

While I exagurated and was sarcastic in my claim that Messi needs to go back to Argentina to win the home fans, I wasn't about the essence of what I was saying. When the entire country rallies behind him, they will go somewhere. But to be a foot ahead and foot back, it'll make matters worse.

If he doesn't win the WC, it won't be the end of the word, because the world knows this team can win it in Russia as they all mature and a defense is sorted out, but they'd need to reach the semis at least.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
So....i've just talked to a guy about Messi. I am seriously shocked about what people realy say about him these days. He said that if you take out Messi from Barcelona and put Villa in his spot , there wouldn't be a difference. Where do these people come up with such things ?

Spain's success without Messi. If someone as good as Di Maria was on the left and Villa in the middle, you probably would still beat teams.

CatalinR10

brmm3v

brmm1j

Yannick03

Tw Youngcules Diego Simeone (Atl Madrid coach): "Diego has filled us with emotions. But between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is better than Maradona."

That is some praise from a former teammate of Maradona and possibly one of the best coaches in the world.

Henry_IB

Banned
Tw Youngcules Diego Simeone (Atl Madrid coach): "Diego has filled us with emotions. But between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is better than Maradona."

That is some praise from a former teammate of Maradona and possibly one of the best coaches in the world.

I really like Simeone, I'd like to see him manage the NT of Argentina over Sabella.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Spain's success without Messi. If someone as good as Di Maria was on the left and Villa in the middle, you probably would still beat teams.

Beat teams yes, make history like the one since 2008 never.

Garrus

Ever wondered how messi would look like in a Japanese commercial, Well messi kemoshi :rofl1:

I always knew that Japanese commercials are crazy, But this is too much :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans