10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AURELIUS

If Messi has any chance at being an all time legend, and succeed at the World Cup, he needs to go on one year loan to his original club in Argentina and win the league with them. Lift them, single handedly to silverware and develop the sort of bond with the ungreatful Argentinian population that will see him lift the Golden World Cup, in Brazil.

Otherwise, he will be just another Pele, one league wonder.

He has been well supported in recent matches with the crowd chanting his name. There are even banners of him now at the Estadio Marcelo Bielsa. And for a country with few Olympic gold medals whose hopes were pinned on Las Leonas winning one with Crismanich is a big deal.

Looking at those votes they are pathetic. China what a surprise. Spanish former player votes for Spanish players.... Luckily Borghi was still in charge of Chile when they voted so Messi miraculously gets a vote from Chile. Wonder who Menezes voted for ? Neymar ?

Low Germany. Probably still cross Argentina ripped Germany to pieces. Spanish coach and captain pathetic homers.

J

jiopi

That list indicates that you're getting most of your samples from Barcelona friendly sources like Barcastuff who obviously only tweet about pro Barca quotes (they won't tweet about coaches who voted Ronaldo first , Özil second and Xabi Alonso third, obviously). Because Iniesta getting more than twice the amount of votes as Ronaldo will not happen.
I've collected them from all over place. Have you seen somebody to state that he voted Cronaldo first? I haven't.

J

jiopi

Who are those 15?
Azkargorta, Zlatan, Del Bosque?, Messi?, Casillas?

BUL (coach) Luboslav Penev: 1. Iniesta 2. Messi 3. Falcao
ARG (cap) Lionel Messi: 1. Xavi 2. Iniesta 3. Aguero
BOL (coach) Azkargorta: 1. Messi 2. Iniesta 3. Alonso
CHI (coach) Camacho: 1. Iniesta 2. Casillas 3. Xavi
SWE (cap) Zlatan: 1. Iniesta 2. ? 3. ?
SPA (cap) Casillas: 1. Ramos 2. Cristiano 3. Xavi
SPA (coach) Del Bosque: 1. Casillas 2. Xavi 3. Iniesta
KOR (coach) Choi Kang Hee: 1. Messi 2. ? 3. ?
AND (coach) Alvarez: 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Iniesta
GER (coach) Löw: 1. Xavi? 2. ? 3. ?
PAN (coach) Valdes: 1. Messi 2. Iniesta 3. Xavi
CHL (coach) Borghi: 1. Messi 2. Cristiano 3. Iniesta

All I could find.

Also;
NORWAY (coach) Egil "Drillo" Olsen: 1. Messi 2. Falcao 3. Zlatan
NORWAY (cap) Brede Hangeland: 1. Messi 2. Pirlo 3. Yaya Toure

Ali Daei (coach Iran) 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Iniesta
Vahid Halilhodzic (coach Algeria) 1. Messi 2. Cronaldo 3. Drogba
Juvenal (captain Equatorial Guinea) 1. Iniesta 2. Drogba 3. Falcao

Ursegor

World Champion
I've collected them from all over place. Have you seen somebody to state that he voted Cronaldo first? I haven't.

I have no clue. I haven't made a list. But it seems unlikely to me that Iniesta will get more votes than Ronaldo, nevermind twice as many. So your sample size seems flawed. I mean it even has Xavi on top of Ronaldo although Xavi is obviously not even in the top 3 this year. In 2011 Iniesta received 6.01 % of the votes, Ronaldo received 21.6 % and Messi 47.88 %. That was in a year when Barcelona won La Liga, the Champions League, the UEFA Supercup, the Spanish Supercopa and beat Madrid in basically every Clasico (including a 3-1 in the Bernabeu). 2012 Ronaldo has a lot more reasons to be considered for the Ballon d'Or so I'd be surprised if he gets less votes now.

J

jiopi

I have no clue. I haven't made a list. But it seems unlikely to me that Iniesta will get more votes than Ronaldo, nevermind twice as many. So your sample size seems flawed. I mean it even has Xavi on top of Ronaldo although Xavi is obviously not even in the top 3 this year. In 2011 Iniesta received 6.01 % of the votes, Ronaldo received 21.6 % and Messi 47.88 %. That was in a year when Barcelona won La Liga, the Champions League, the UEFA Supercup, the Spanish Supercopa and beat Madrid in basically every Clasico (including a 3-1 in the Bernabeu). 2012 Ronaldo has a lot more reasons to be considered for the Ballon d'Or so I'd be surprised if he gets less votes now.
It's not flawed sample size, it's small sample size, so it has pretty big margin of error.

Leo10

Actual ballon dor points are:1st - 5 points, 2nd- 3 points, 3rd - 1 point

From that sample of 17:
Messi - 48 points
Iniesta - 33 points
Tristiano - 9 points

:worthy:

CatalinR10

Honestly it would really suck if Messi wouldn't win it . What importance would this trophy have after a player scores 91 goals in a year and doesn't win it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Xavi being voted on top hasn't got any thing to do with him not being in the top 3... The voting was done a wihle ago. And from those votes the top 3 happened to be Messi, CR7 & Iniesta and xavi ended up further below. The winner is already decided, they just haven't disclosed yet that's all

BarcaOG

Banned
If Messi has any chance at being an all time legend, and succeed at the World Cup, he needs to go on one year loan to his original club in Argentina and win the league with them. Lift them, single handedly to silverware and develop the sort of bond with the ungreatful Argentinian population that will see him lift the Golden World Cup, in Brazil.

Otherwise, he will be just another Pele, one league wonder.

I'm sorry Raed but that is absurd. Messi's status as an all time legend does not, in anyway, rest on Argentinian consent, but on his feats as a footballer. I agree, nevertheless, that capturing the world cup will be essential for Messi to silence the naysayers (although I think the world cup is overrated, his critics will always point to that). Taking Rosario to a title would be symbolic, and emotional, but in no way demonstrative of his stature as a footballing legend. That he keeps on taking La Liga, an eternally stronger league, by the horn, is.

MMKa

Ali Daei (coach Iran) 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Iniesta
Vahid Halilhodzic (coach Algeria) 1. Messi 2. Cronaldo 3. Drogba
Juvenal (captain Equatorial Guinea) 1. Iniesta 2. Drogba 3. Falcao

Ali Daei is not coach Iran anymore (since 2009). He coaches Rah Ahan.

Also
MAL (cap) Keita: 1. Xavi 2. ? 3. ? 1
CAM (cap) Eto'o: 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Iniesta 2
ITA (coach) Prandelli: Pirlo? 3
RUS (coach) Capello: Iniesta? Pirlo? 4

Last edited:

goope

I have a tricky question for you:

messi-ballon-d-or-2011-10620560mvtzx_2038.jpg

Balon d' Or - WHEN is the winner chosen (chosen, not presented) ?
The final three were presented on 29th of November, the winner will be presented on 7th of January.

When is the winner of the final three chosen?
a) Is there a specific day when the journalists, NT coaches and NT captains can vote or
b) can they vote from 29th of November until a specific day or
c) the vote is finished before 29th of November and from then on it's just about presenation. The final three are presented in November, the winner in January. Who voted for who will be released after the winner is presented. That would mean the winner was already voted before December. That would mean Messi breaking Müllers record had no effect in the outcome of the Balon d' Or 2012 voting.

MMKa

I have a tricky question for you:

When is the winner of the final three chosen?
c) the vote is finished before 29th of November and from then on it's just about presenation. The final three are presented in November, the winner in January. Who voted for who will be released after the winner is presented. That would mean the winner was already voted before December. That would mean Messi breaking Müllers record had no effect in the outcome of the Balon d' Or 2012 voting.

c.

Breaking Pele's 75 record 11th Nov could have had effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans