10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lessthanjake

Common sense, it developes with education and age though.

I feel like your post smacks of a bit of arrogant elitism that I want to address. I wouldn't immediately assume your "education" (or age for that matter) is greater than those that disagree with you. I don't know about other people on the forum, but I'm one of the people you're disagreeing with here, and I am VERY certain your "education" isn't greater than mine (I'm not sure how much I wanna reveal here, but my educational background is very very similar to Barack Obama's). I say that not to be arrogant myself; I certainly don't think that makes me smarter than you or means I know more about football. In fact, I'm pretty much outing myself as American, which might indicate a lack of football knowledge. Instead, I say it to push back on the implicit idea that those that disagree with your point lack education. They may, but they just as likely may not.

As for the actual topic, you are probably right that Zlatan didn't say this, but he DOES say ridiculous things a lot. I think it's odd that you're so certain this wasn't said.

J

jiopi

I didn't mean to sound elitist etc. but I was asked a question how to you can tell what is false and what is not, and part of that is common sense. For me that quote just sounds actually out of place with his previous comment history, and it makes no sense to say that, that one should be able to sense it. As it can be logically argued, and given no reference's actually already imply. I would like to hear what kind of his previous comments would imply that he would say something like that?

Guerin (spokesman PSG): "Quotes Ibrahimovic on Messi and Ronaldo? He denies them. He said: How could I doubt Messi, I voted for him!"

lessthanjake

I didn't mean to sound elitist etc. but I was asked a question how to you can tell what is false and what is not, and part of that is common sense. For me that quote just sounds actually out of place with his previous comment history, and it makes no sense to say that, that one should be able to sense it. As it can be logically argued, and given no reference's actually already imply. I would like to hear what kind of his previous comments would imply that he would say something like that?

Guerin (spokesman PSG): "Quotes Ibrahimovic on Messi and Ronaldo? He denies them. He said: How could I doubt Messi, I voted for him!"

I imagine you're probably right, and the quote was manufactured and unwittingly reprinted on other websites. However, if anyone were to say it, it'd be the same guy who also said "Come to my place with your sister and we'll see if I'm gay." He's just such an outrageous human being that I find myself believing he said ludicrous things, I suppose.

Eetu

Adormit
Should education end up making me either condescending at times when gullibility arises, or feeling like I can pass such judgment on people, after which they don't deserve to be given benefit of the doubt, I hope I stay condescending. ;)

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
6:38-6:45 Messi loses the ball, Barca goes on a manhunt. Wins it back and has a mini training session :lol: what ridiculousness. Against Malaga. This team is incredible.

ivan22

Oh youtube...
OfDhw.png

lessthanjake

Oh youtube...
OfDhw.png

There is SOME truth to that statement, though. Messi does just run through opposing team's players, while Ronaldinho used ridiculous tricks and stuff way more than Messi does. The one thing I disagree with here is that Messi running through players takes no technique, because it obviously takes insanely close ball control, but I think this person just understands "technique" to mean tricks

J

jiopi

People still read youtube comments? If there ever was the best way to waste time...

Messi dribbling technique is easily the best in history, it's perfect, that's why he doesn't need tricks to go past people. He just caresses the ball perfectly how he wants it.

Ronaldinho had 10 ways to go past one player, Messi has one way to go past 10 players.

lessthanjake

People still read youtube comments? If there ever was the best way to waste time...

Messi dribbling technique is easily the best in history, it's perfect, that's why he doesn't need tricks to go past people. He just caresses the ball perfectly how he wants it.

Ronaldinho had 10 ways to go past one player, Messi has one way to go past 10 players.

Agreed. Messi is obviously better than Ronaldinho, though I will say that I personally would rather watch Ronaldinho. Messi is exceptionally efficient, but I do think Ronaldinho is more entertaining

J

jiopi

Can't disagree with that, although Messi is also entertaining, at least form me. Efficiency is the most important thing if football is a winning game, but sometimes you just want to be entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans