10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry_IB

Banned
Ronaldinho is more entertaining for most people because his technique is flashier and easier to appreciate. The technique Messi shows when running with the ball is simply amazing. Never seen a player who can run with the ball at full speed with such ball control.

It's agility and a low center of gravity vs tricks and flair. Messi is efficient, Ronaldinho is spectacular.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I might be part of the minority that actually prefers Messi's dribbling to Ronaldinho's. I'm just amazed at the sheer number of players he leaves behind. But I agree that on average, Ronaldinho is far more spectacular. Some of his flair through passes are beautiful.

E

El Messiah 10

Sorry,
someone have the complete lists of "quotes on Messi" ?
Like ---> Wenger: "Messi is the best" ...
Guardiola: "Messi is the best in history" ecc ecc

Yannick03

Sorry,
someone have the complete lists of "quotes on Messi" ?
Like ---> Wenger: "Messi is the best" ...
Guardiola: "Messi is the best in history" ecc ecc

I know there used to be a thread of all the quotes on Messi in this forum, but I can't seem to find. Maybe a mod can help you

misterplatin

Oh youtube...
OfDhw.png

I guess what he wants to say is that Messi doesn't show ball manipulation/unpredictability like Ronnie did. That is very right .Dinho uses the ball really well and creates many crazy tricks which is great to watch .Perhaps he could still be successful at futsal :party1:
Messi is far more suited to the game Barca plays currently and to be honest there is not much use of players hogging on the ball to pull some crazy tricks in our possession based game. It will become unpredictable for ourselves more than the opponent and we will end up losing the ball often.Messi being predictable helps every player on our team .
More than Messi/Cristiano I will blame the loss of individual flair to modern game. Modern game emphasizes on team work,high tempo play and quick transitions .There is no need to do tricks if you can move the ball quickly into dangerous areas. Young players like Neymar can improve in that regard that they should hog on the ball lesser to be more effective today .

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Messi: "Pep and Tito have different personalities and ways of handling the squad, but when it comes to playing we’re doing the same things."

Messi: "I never deliberately go to ground? Been that way my whole life. Always tried to keep hold of ball and keep going, whatever happens."

Messi: "My son is now my number one priority. It's been a very nice and very big change and we'll always put him first." [fifa]

K

Karnivore

Messi is the most entertaining player I've ever seen. His quick body feints and video game like dribbling ability are far more impressive than any trick Ronaldinho used to try, plus the speed of thought when on the run to play quick one twos or just leave a defender on his arse, it's incredible.

If showboating makes Ronaldinho the more entertaining player then so is Cristiano Ronaldo.... But we ask know that simply isn't true now... Don't we?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I was just thinking how remarkable it is that one could make hours upon hours of highlights of him...and never be bored...Pure joy this lad

Garrus

Although youtube is now flooded with all kind of messi highlights and completions, This video is a special one, It only contains old footage, Where he used to have some what a different style than he has now , A Flamboyant style which resembles ronaldinho a bit, Different to his static and energy saving movements that he uses today.

Yannick03

Courtesy to Tw AllThingsMessi : "Leo Messi has scored 73 and assisted 26, a total of 99 goals, in his last 50 games with Barcelona. Alien"

Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans