10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Just to give you a glimpse of everything he's achieved today......

- Messi is the first player in Spain and 3rd player in the big 4 leagues in Europe to score 30+ league goals in 4 seasons in a row (h/t MessiStats).
- Messi has now scored 25 of 27 penalties attempts in La Liga (92.6%). The legendary Kubala (96%) is the only Barcelona player who has better percentage. (h/t BarcaStat).
- Messi needed 235 games to score 200 La Liga goals. Only player faster was Telmo Zarra at 219 (h/t @2010MisterChip).
- 18 - Lionel Messi is the Barça who has scored the most penalties at the Camp Nou in La Liga since 2000 (Ronaldinho 17). (h/t OptaJose)
- Messi's 32 goals this season are more than 17 of La Liga's 20 teams (h/t SportsCenter)
- With his second goal, Messi became the youngest player to score 200 goals in La Liga history.
- It's the fifth time in his career that Lionel Messi has scored four or more goals in a game: Arsenal (4, UCL 2009/10), Valencia (4, 2011/12), Espanyol (4, 2011/12), Bayer Leverkusen (5, UCL 2011/12). (h/t BarcaStat)
- With 16 goals, Messi is now the player with the most league goals against CA Osasuna.
- Messi equals Pruden Sanchez as the only player to score 33 goals after 21 games of a Liga season [via @champ_ian]
- Messi has scored in the last 16 games he started for Barcelona, his longest streak ever [via @messistuff]

CatalinR10

bytgy7

J

jiopi

Could have had at least hat-trick of assists, also poison to Messi-Villa conspiracy theorists I think. :lol:

Messi%20pass%20Villa%203%20Osasuna.gif

At least 1 yard onside

Messi%20pass%20Villa%20Osasuna.gif

What a pass with his right, being hold down and fouled, needless to say Ray Hudson was creaming his pants to this :lol:

Messi%20pass%20Villa%202%20Osasuna.gif

ammarfcb

ze special one
had a little argument about this need confirmation
ieYgPn.jpg

is it messi looking into empty space?
is that cesc?
what year is this?
what's the great khali doing at the back?

abual3bed1

It's not Messi, and yes that is Cesc. I think it might be 2006 and it's the Spanish squad either preparing for the Germany's trip or it's their arrival there.

Garrus

Messi now has the same amount of goals at the 21st round as Dixie dean, Who scored 60 league goals for everton in 1927-1928

BBsZwrECcAAZqzz.jpg

Ok....this is getting a bit insane, This record is supposed to be unreachable, Really unreachable, Oh my god :facepalm:

Last edited:

Yannick03

Messi now has the same amount of goals at the 21st round as Dixie dean, Who scored 60 league goals for everton in 1927-1928

BBsZwrECcAAZqzz.jpg

Ok....this is getting a bit insane

He wont score 60, he'll probably get rested later in La Liga for the Champions League. He'll probably be rested a game or 2 which means he would have to score 27 goals in 15 games. He is unbelievable good but a ratio of almost 2, I don't see that happening. But he'll break his 50 goalrecord from last year, which is similarly insane.

Garrus

I know he won't reach it because he'll get rested, But he actually can if he wanted to....that's the insane thing :wacko::wacko::wacko:

J

jiopi

At the time in Football League they played 42 rounds, so Messi will have 4 games fewer at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans