10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
His passing was great , had an assist but could have more

Yeah, he had some good passes but he didn't have an assist. He was involved in their third goal as he hit a shot at the gk who parried it out into the path of Higuaín who scored. The only Argentine with an assist was Di María (for the pass to Agüero's goal, and possibly another for the first goal depending on whether you count it as a Higuaín goal or an own goal). Agüero probably should have scored on one of his passes though. But as with Di María's passes they weren't that difficult.

Adnan

Those kind of things happens now, to often for my taste. Look how much time this guy has (with Messi) before security comes. I think it's outrages.

J

jiopi

Yeah, he had some good passes but he didn't have an assist. He was involved in their third goal as he hit a shot at the gk who parried it out into the path of Higuaín who scored. The only Argentine with an assist was Di María (for the pass to Agüero's goal, and possibly another for the first goal depending on whether you count it as a Higuaín goal or an own goal). Agüero probably should have scored on one of his passes though. But as with Di María's passes they weren't that difficult.
Higuain (own goal), Di Maria and Messi (rebound) all had a assist. Should have had couple more though.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The look on the kids faces, priceless

728219195.jpg

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Messi: "Goal that wasn't awarded? I thought it went in, and people told me it was a goal. But it doesn't matter, main thing is the win."

Messi: "Each time I feel happier at the national team. We're more united than ever. Winning of course helps."[via as]

Lionel Messi will this afternoon sign his contract renewal with Barcelona until 2018. The deal was announced in December.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Most sites use a stricter definition of offside, so do I. It might be a somewhat lose term but an assist should implicate that the one who gave it wanted to provide the ball to the goalscorer. Higuaín sure didn't and neither did Messi.

J

jiopi

Most sites use a stricter definition of offside, so do I. It might be a somewhat lose term but an assist should implicate that the one who gave it wanted to provide the ball to the goalscorer. Higuaín sure didn't and neither did Messi.
Most sites doesn't define the official term.

Here's some reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(football)

For me it's highly logical to award an assist to a player who directly contributes to a goal before the goal scorer. The own goal didn't happen without Higuain's pass, and Higuain's tap-in definitely wasn't only Higuain's effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans