10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A7iiAAGCcAAC_LY.jpg

J

jiopi

Was just thinking after the Just Fontaine quote, that he has a World Record that even Messi is probably not going to break, 13 goals in one World Cup (1958). Mind you there is 1 more game in current format, but GPG is almost halved from 3,60 to 2,27 (2010) when the game has got more defensive. Then again Messi did score 19 goals in 7 games at one point this year...

J

jiopi

Was just thinking after the Just Fontaine quote, that he has a World Record that even Messi is probably not going to break, 13 goals in one World Cup (1958). Mind you there is 1 more game in current format, but GPG is almost halved from 3,60 to 2,27 (2010) when the game has got more defensive. Then again Messi did score 19 goals in 7 games at one point this year...
Just Fontaine (13 goals at World Cup 1958): "Messi is the only player capable of scoring as many goals at a World Cup as I did."

Just Fontaine reads barcaforum :worthy:

Yannick03

Just Fontaine (13 goals at World Cup 1958): "Messi is the only player capable of scoring as many goals at a World Cup as I did."

Just Fontaine reads barcaforum :worthy:

Even for Leo that record is impossible. If he had a better team then I would say he'd have a chance but now, no way.

Ursegor

World Champion
the current Argentine squad is pretty bloody excellent dawg. im tipping them for Brazil 14

Yep. Second best team in the world on paper. Plus Sabella is tactically astute and gets them working hard. Banega returning will be another boost. No coincidence that they moved from 10th to 3th in the FIFA rankings since he took over.

Messi winning the WC in Brazil. It's destiny.

pele.jpg

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

not only winning but also lifting the trophy as captain after trashing spain at final 4-1 and while reaching final arg will beat brazil as well :pep:

Ursegor

World Champion
I wonder if Messi would hand in a transfer request to Real Madrid if Spain actually trashed Argentina in a WC final. With Villa scoring a hattrick. :pep:

Dripsnis

Lionel Messi has been chosen by Liga players and coaches as the best player of the Spanish league last season.
Messi was also chosen as best forward
:messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans