10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrus

Not with this 'messi' shit again, He's not required to dribble the entire defense just to get a shot at the goal, Where are his team mates, He dribbles then eventually get stopped, Big F**king suprise, Why aren't the others make themselves available for a pass, Or one-twos

At home, we've put 4 past Atletico, who are stronger than Milan right now IMO. It's gonna be tough, but we can pull it off.
Still can't believe we lost to this Milan team. We're the best team in the world, our team is so much stronger than theirs, yet we lost 2-0. Disgraceful.

Last edited:

Gauss

He was team marked, hacked down constantly, as soon as he had ball the whole Milan team was in front of him. No player could do anything it that situation. But that should have left the space for Xavi, Iniesta and co. to make an impact, which they miserably failed.
Ronaldinho was in the exact same situation against better Milan and Chelsea who were hacking him down constantly. But he made them look like jokers (and I'm admitting that as a Chelsea fan). However, Messi has the tendency to not make that kind of difference against really tight defenses (Milan, Chelsea, Inter etc).

F

Flavia

At home, we've put 4 past Atletico, who are stronger than Milan right now IMO. It's gonna be tough, but we can pull it off.
Still can't believe we lost to this Milan team. We're the best team in the world, our team is so much stronger than theirs, yet we lost 2-0. Disgraceful.
Well, that's football. Being the best on paper do not win games. And the best team on the field, today, was Milan. By a mile.

J

jiopi

Ronaldinho was in the exact same situation against better Milan and Chelsea who were hacking him down constantly. But he made them look like jokers (and I'm admitting that as a Chelsea fan). However, Messi has the tendency to not make that kind of difference against really tight defenses (Milan, Chelsea, Inter etc).
Ronaldinho wasn't in similar position, in the slightest.

Theconomist

But Dinho of 04-06 (pre WC) was untouchable, not the goal machine Messi is but still untouchable.

Anyways, Pique said that we can turn this around, so it seems to me that the players have confidence. That's good.
We really should have put the tie to bed this game though, not lose 2-0 :facepalm:

khaled_a_d

Messi had MOTM performance against chelsea back in 2006 in the first leg in CL ,he was just 18 back then and that was one of Chelsea's best teams they ever had
That said ,I think in this kind of games it is better that Messi move to right side tbh

Me55i D105

Didn't get any support, cesc and Xavi were too passive and failed with the passing. No speed from Barca. Iniesta dropping to midfield didn't help, should've started with Sanchez and Pedro. I blame the coaches on this one.

misterplatin

Guys here must have watched both more than you . Ronnie didn't face this situation and better team of Milan or Chelsea didn't mean they gave such good performance in defense.

Vapor

Not with this 'messi' shit again, He's not required to dribble the entire defense just to get a shot at the goal, Where are his team mates, He dribbles then eventually get stopped, Big F**king suprise, Why aren't the others make themselves available for a pass, Or one-twos

This. We had so many more one-two plays in the past. In games like this it seems like 1-2's are the best way to break down these tight defenses... we had none of that. Messi gets completely isolated and then there is nothing he can do.

Last edited:

aki13

Dont like critising Messi, but he really wasn't making himself available for passes or one twos that much. You feel if Messi was more up front and running more, the defenses might stretch and he has pace to get away and score and yet its always seems to be about getting the ball deep and running at people. When those people are 10+ that is not on, but being on the last man they cant have 10 there.

misterplatin

Messi to some extent has to take blame but it is more like asking him to do impossible . I can't imagine what significantly better Messi could have done in today's match .He has his style and you can't ask him to be like Drogba for one match. When the coach knows that false 9 has failed against this system ,he should immediately make a change . Move Messi behind a striker or on wing or just sub him out . It is clear that in these games Messi can't get in good scoring positions playing as false 9 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans