10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo always has a huge burst in form for a little while and then goes missing for several games. Messi is definitely off form right now but will hopefully soon fire back into beast mode and help the team to a near impossible comeback vs Milan.

Something tells me that he (or :iniesta:) will score a last minute winner :p

SeloBarca

find the mistake...
E1GKMcm.jpg

It was actually very easy to defend against him there, he got pushed out to the side and werent faster then the defenders. The picture kinda lies, woulda been enough with 1 or 2 defenders

Demon17

Maestro
He should have slowed down just a bit and someone should have come to help down the left side and right, a pass to the left would have really helped there. He can't do it himself. Also he wasn't that fast because it was quite late.

Bu3aLi

It would be hard not to start Messi in the classico... I would honestly love to see him come on as sub in the last 30 mins

Jaguar

Flair Trait
He should have slowed down just a bit and someone should have come to help down the left side and right, a pass to the left would have really helped there. He can't do it himself. Also he wasn't that fast because it was quite late.

It's no secret that Messi's speed has declined over the years, but his play making skills have improved to the point where he is one of the best in the world at getting people through. I don't get why nobody is helping him out though, it's as if they are expecting him to do it all on his own so you can't really blame him.

Demon17

Maestro
It's no secret that Messi's speed has declined over the years, but his play making skills have improved to the point where he is one of the best in the world at getting people through. I don't get why nobody is helping him out though, it's as if they are expecting him to do it all on his own so you can't really blame him.

I agree, he's one of the best play makers. I thought Fabregas or Iniesta would help him out (as everyone knows Messi isn't selfish at all and he would pass), I was surprised. He's got 2 players infront of him 5 coming and he's got a bit of space which is not possible for him to use (as it would make a bad angle on goal).
And for your part on his speed declining, it doesn't really matter, he doesn't rely on his pace anyway. (Cristiano Ronaldo does, and is faster than Messi without the ball) Messi can burst past defenders which is fine. The reason for his declining could also be that he doesn't make those crazy runs alot anymore. He's grown and is mentally sensible, at the age of 20, 21 he wasn't that aware and he used to make those crazy runs past defenders.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

6th: 5 players with 14 assists
Di Maria, Benzema, Hamsik, Hustzi, Muller.

Then you have,
Messi, Payet (Lille), Gerrard, Cesc and Walcott with 13 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans