10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

How many goals is he going to end up with then? Scoring form has seriously stagnated since the turn of Christmas, Ronaldo's now 9 behind him (on going at the moment having scored two).

I reckon he'll beat the La Liga record he set last season, can't quite see him hitting 73 again though. 22 goals in the next 13 games will be just a step too much IMO. May do it if he actually puts some effort in on Tuesday though.

He has scored 16 goals in 15 games since Christmas. He has scored in 12 out of the 15 games he has played for Barca...

The second part I highlighted is just laughable.

Kerrybai

La Liga stats of Messi and Ronaldo.

Messi

20/35 (10/16 + 10/19) = 57.4%
20/33 (9/16 + 11/17) = 60.6%
25/37 (16/18 + 9/19) = 67.6%
23/27 (10/13 + 13/14) * = 85.2% (!!)

Cristiano

19/29 (10/15 + 9/14) = 65.5%
18/34 (11/16 + 7/18) = 52.9%
27/38 (14/19 + 13/19) = 71.1%
13/25 (8/13 + 5/12) * = 52.0%

Messi has scored in 85 % of la liga games this season. If he scores in 4 more he will match Ronaldo's record of scoring in the most rounds of a season.
If he scores against Celta Vigo he will match Ronaldo's record of scoring against all teams in the league.
Finally he is on course to beat Ronaldo's record of 23 away goals in a season.

Last season he scored in 60% of the games he played compared with 73% this season. Hitting 73 goals will be tough though if we fail to progress on Tuesday.

barcanuck

La Liga stats of Messi and Ronaldo.

Messi

20/35 (10/16 + 10/19) = 57.4%
20/33 (9/16 + 11/17) = 60.6%
25/37 (16/18 + 9/19) = 67.6%
23/27 (10/13 + 13/14) * = 85.2% (!!)

Cristiano

19/29 (10/15 + 9/14) = 65.5%
18/34 (11/16 + 7/18) = 52.9%
27/38 (14/19 + 13/19) = 71.1%
13/25 (8/13 + 5/12) * = 52.0%

Messi has scored in 85 % of la liga games this season. If he scores in 4 more he will match Ronaldo's record of scoring in the most rounds of a season.
If he scores against Celta Vigo he will match Ronaldo's record of scoring against all teams in the league.
Finally he is on course to beat Ronaldo's record of 23 away goals in a season.

Last season he scored in 60% of the games he played compared with 73% this season. Hitting 73 goals will be tough though if we fail to progress on Tuesday.

He's gotten away from the hat tricks and braces lately. He needs a manita against Milan to spring him up towards the 73 mark :)

Garrus

Tomorrow is the time we'll find out what kind of a player he really is, It might sound unfair to judge him on a single 90 minutes, And it's correct it's not actually fair, But on the other hand, We've never been placed in such a tight spot before, He himself included, 2-0 down, Every one expecting a miracle, Everyone is looking at him, The best player in the world, Maybe of all time, At the top of his game, He's not exhausted, Not even tired, He's playing in front of his fans, And with the best squad in the world, He has to pull us through this round, No matter how i look into this, He just has to, There are no excuses, He just has to.

UberNjufer

Tomorrow is the time we'll find out what kind of a player he really is, It might sound unfair to judge him on a single 90 minutes, And it's correct it's not actually fair, But on the other hand, We've never been placed in such a tight spot before, He himself included, 2-0 down, Every one expecting a miracle, Everyone is looking at him, The best player in the world, Maybe of all time, At the top of his game, He's not exhausted, Not even tired, He's playing in front of his fans, And with the best squad in the world, He has to pull us through this round, No matter how i look into this, He just has to, There are no excuses, He just has to.
i'm very critical of messi myself lately,but you just can't point finger at him as if he is the only one who needs to perform.If our staff pulls ridicuous tactics as they happen to do regularly i can't see him doing much,there's gonna be 3,4 players on him non stop

Yannick03

I share your view, he has to step up tomorrow and show why he is called the best ever. If he doesn't, he will be crucified by the media. I for one will not judge him on this game, he has brought us so much joy over the last few years and has saved our asses almost an uncountable number of times.

I hope we can see the true Messi tomorrow, if he pulls this off he'll be immortal.

Paganinisrvnge

On one hand, a stellar Messi performance to lead Barcelona to a convincing victory would silence any whispers of Ronaldo even being close to him and further add to Messi's legacy.

On the other hand, even if it ends 0-0 and Messi were to suddenly retire after the match; he would still go down as one of the greatest players to ever play with all the amazing things he had done.

People tend to judge players on what they are doing at that moment and he had plenty of critics after the Chelsea matches but barring injury, he still has PLENTY of years to lead Barcelona to more glory.

Vapor

Really looking forward to seeing how he shows up tomorrow. If he gives 150% like he has in the past then I will be completely happy no matter what happens.

Last edited:

Trickykid

You'll have to excuse my french here, but I'm sorry, what you're saying here is utter bullshit. Hell, bullshit is too kind of a word for that festering cesspool of keyboard-regurgitation.

Messi has helped the club to a plethora of La Ligas, various copas and miscellaneous titles of varying importance. He has scored in two different ChL finals (which, coincidentally, we happened to win), has set so many goal scoring records - many of which will probably never be broken - that we hardly lift an eyebrow whenever he decides to break a new one, and yet you claim that this match - a mere ChL round of 16 clash, against AC Milan - is the match that should and will define Messi and his true character as a footballer? I'm sorry, but what the flippin' fuck!?

CatalinR10

tumblr_mbkqz0RkrQ1qk8tx8o2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans