10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Leo

Banned
Struggled against a weak team? We had a goal lead and were completely dominant, with them having no chances and us, therefore, not needing to score. Messi just wanted to go above and beyond because he's Messi.

The game was wide open and we have experience with weaker teams that get more aggressive and score an equalizer just because we couldn't close the game. Messi ended their hopes otherwise they could have easily gotten more daring with only one goal!

Isaac_Cuenca23

I missed the game live but had it recorded. My brother texted me to say that Messi scored a great goal so when he came on every time he got the ball I was expecting him to score with an amazing dribble or long shot. Kind of ruined the surprise for me but it was a lovely goal nonetheless.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting how all Depor players only look at Messi and he still produces the goal without anyone of his teammates "creating space" for him.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Messi has become the only player in football history to have netted in 17 consecutive league game. This worries me.

A. It shows how much we depend on Messi to score and today's game was another example of how we struggled against a weak team and only Messi was able to wrap the game.
B. We'll Messi make it 18 consecutive games against Milan? we need him to score.

Does Milan play in La Liga?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Interesting how all Depor players only look at Messi and he still produces the goal without anyone of his teammates "creating space" for him.

Actually both Iniesta and Tello created space for him, not just that much since the Depor players focused on him

Quality goal needs quality GIF

Messi%20G%20Deportivo.gif

No one assists the assist for his own goal like Messi :worthy:

K

Karnivore

How many goals is he going to end up with then? Scoring form has seriously stagnated since the turn of Christmas, Ronaldo's now 9 behind him (on going at the moment having scored two).

I reckon he'll beat the La Liga record he set last season, can't quite see him hitting 73 again though. 22 goals in the next 13 games will be just a step too much IMO. May do it if he actually puts some effort in on Tuesday though.

Trickykid

How many goals is he going to end up with then? Scoring form has seriously stagnated since the turn of Christmas, Ronaldo's now 9 behind him (on going at the moment having scored two).

I reckon he'll beat the La Liga record he set last season, can't quite see him hitting 73 again though. 22 goals in the next 13 games will be just a step too much IMO. May do it if he actually puts some effort in on Tuesday though.

Yeah, he's clearly lost his mojo. He needs to be sold asap. Preferably a swap with a class striker like... Torres!

seriously stagnated :lol:

barcanuck

I don't care if he beats his 73 goals or if Ronaldo catches him as long as we beat Milan.

ShandyFFM

ronaldo just scored his 20 of the year ... cant belive it and again a not wothy penalty.-.-

just praying the he wont reach the 91.. but the luck they have this season .. not so sure

Vapor

Yea I really don't see how scoring in 17 consecutive league games is serious stagnation.

Only Messi standards :lol:

To be honest if Messi continues scoring only 1 goal a game rather than 2 or 3 and our OTHER forwards start scoring 2+ goals a game between them... then I would be MUCH happier than just Messi scoring 3, 4 and 5 goals every day like the end of last season. We need better balance and distribution, we can't just want Messi to score a brace every single game and hope to win like that.

barcastuff: Best shot conversion % (top5 leagues, 16+ goals): Messi 35.1%, Falcao 32.8, Lewandowski 26.6, El Shaarawy 25.8, Ibrahimovic 23.5 [via opta]

Most goals in top 5 leagues, excluding penalties: Messi 36 - Ibrahimovic 22 - Suarez 22 - Ronaldo 20 - Van Persie 18 [via @messi10stats]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans