10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledBarca

BE8gl_CCEAA6GoH.png:large

F

Flavia

@MessiStats
WORLD RECORD! Messi is the 1st player in history to score in 17 consecutive league games at a top division anywhere in the world

So, it's another record.

BerkeleyBernie

I love the people who think Messi is detrimental to our attack. I have no idea how you could ever come to that conclusion.

Messi is a *FANTASTIC* attacking midfielder. Against a good team with an organized defense, he is a *LOUSY* motionless center forward, and a dead weight until he eventually drops back into his natural role as a midfielder. This is the complaint, about how Barça positions Messi tactically, and instructing the wide forwards to stay on the touchlines to, in theory, create space in the middle for Messi and the attacking midfielders.

I'd be curious to know if Barça has scored any goals this season when Messi contributes from a center forward position rather than as midfielder far removed from the back line of defenders.

Messi can play wherever the hell he likes, but Barça should put one for the forwards who is willing to create off-ball movement up in front of Messi in the center (Villa, Sanchez, Pedro). With one of those dragging the centerbacks around, Messi will have much more space to operate, as well as provide the targets that Messi himself is rarely willing to provide himself.

ShandyFFM

New worldrecord !!!!! The goal, Barca's second in the 2-0 win over the Galicians, means Messi has netted in 17 straight Liga games, bettering the previous mark of 16, set by Teodor Peterek.

Peterek had scored 22 goals in 16 consecutive league matches in the Polish First Division

BerkeleyBernie

Shame on Deportivo for not fouling/hacking/tugging Messi (the way any top tier players would) and letting him run on so easily. You know that Arbeloa, Pepe, Alonso, Ramos, and company wouldn't stand for such nonsense.

:D

King Leo

Banned
Messi has become the only player in football history to have netted in 17 consecutive league game. This worries me.

A. It shows how much we depend on Messi to score and today's game was another example of how we struggled against a weak team and only Messi was able to wrap the game.
B. We'll Messi make it 18 consecutive games against Milan? we need him to score.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Struggled against a weak team? We had a goal lead and were completely dominant, with them having no chances and us, therefore, not needing to score. Messi just wanted to go above and beyond because he's Messi.

Kerrybai

Messi has become the only player in football history to have netted in 17 consecutive league game. This worries me.

A. It shows how much we depend on Messi to score and today's game was another example of how we struggled against a weak team and only Messi was able to wrap the game.
B. We'll Messi make it 18 consecutive games against Milan? we need him to score.

A. A summer signing is badly needed up front. Pedro and Sanchez don't really cut it and Villa is been pushed out it seems.
B. No he won't. The record is in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans