10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BXI Fútbol

I was thinking the exact same thing. Although it does not exactly annoy me. :lol:

Ah well you must be a better man than I.

I would add to that, that he's more efficient these days, both in finishing and in the way he plays (more carefull about expending energy).

Yeah I think the way he plays for Argentina is a glimpse of his role at Barca when he gets older, more the orchestrater. Considering he never gets injured and could become the best playmaker we have ever seen he could be playing well into his mid- even late-30s. Ridiculous

J

jiopi

Del Piero - : The 10 is not a position, it's a quality of player. In my opinion, it's the player that heats up the passion and fantasy of the people. The beauty of football. You can't stay quiet while watching Messi, whether at the stadium or on a sofa. It's normal that he's the most awarded player.

Q: Who is better, Maradona or Messi?

Del Piero - : Don't make me choose... it's like asking, "who do you love more, mom or dad?" I grew up watching and dreaming of Platini, Maradona, Zico...

J

jiopi

Messi under different NT-coaches

José PEKERMAN (15.09.2004 - 30.06.2006): 11 apps, 2 goals + 3 assists = 0,45 (G+A)/Game
Alfio BASILE (14.09.2006 - 16.10.2008): 23 apps, 8 goals + 9 assists = 0,74 (G+A)/Game
Diego MARADONA (04.11.2008 - 27.07.2010): 16 apps, 2 goals + 5 assists = 0,44 (G+A)/Game
Sergio BATISTA (27.07.2010 - 25.07.2011): 11 apps, 4 goals + 6 assists = 0,91 (G+A)/Game
Alejandro SABELLA (30.07.2011 - present): 17 apps, 15 goals + 8 assists = 1,35 (G+A)/Game

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

BGNYnPQCUAANthR.png:large

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
In fairness you probably should have added 'games played' as Messi has twice the number of games as Dzeko/Özil.

His game vs Venezuela in HD:

KhaledBarca

In fairness you probably should have added 'games played' as Messi has twice the number of games as Dzeko/Özil.

His game vs Venezuela in HD:
These are just numbers.
Cause, interms of quality, Playing in South America against URU, Colombia, Paraguay, Chile, Ecuador etc... is much more difficult than playing in Europe against
Khazakhstan, Faroa Island, Austria, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein etc..

Seriously if you look at the groups in Europe there's always 3 weak teams, 1 average, 1 good team and one of the Big teams!!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
These are just numbers.
Cause, interms of quality, Playing in South America against URU, Colombia, Paraguay, Chile, Ecuador etc... is much more difficult than playing in Europe against
Khazakhstan, Faroa Island, Austria, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein etc..

Seriously if you look at the groups in Europe there's always 3 weak teams, 1 average, 1 good team and one of the Big teams!!
Yeah I know but it's an important statistic nontheless so I think it should be there, because otherwise the statistic is slightly misguiding.

Clks

Not sure if posted already but here is what SAF thinks about Messi when compared with other legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans