10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocurrente

here it is

journalist: when did you meet messi? in Netherlands?

aguero: no, two weeks before. I remember the first time i saw him, we were having a group lunch. and I didn't know who he was. because i never watched european football. We were talking about some boots, and then messi said he saw the boots in USA. and i said to myself "who is this?".

I asked him what was his name. could you imagine?! I asked messi who he was?!

journalist: nooooooooooo

aguero: yeah, once in a while we remember and laugh... So he told me his name was Lionel. and i said "we have similar names. and your last name?", he said "messi". and i was like "ok, cool" as if it didn't matter.
The other guys said to me "what? don't you know who he is?"

right then, I remembered i heard on the news something about a Barcelona player and I understood who he was and when I saw him training I realized he was something else.

since then we are roommates

journalist: first WC match, messi in the bench. what did you think about that?

aguero: it was pretty strange. all the team was asking why.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
"Game in Bolivia at high altitude? Last time it was tough. After every effort, I had a hard time getting back to the halfway line."

We did a ski randonee trip last winter at around 2300 meters, suffered from some altitude sickness about 9 hrs into the trip when we camped for the night...90 minutes of intense running for football at over 3600 meters?...Smart thing is to arrive at least a day or two early and get accustomed to the altitude difference and allow your blood to adjust...but there's no way they will be able to maintain their sporting edge over the local Bolivians in that short a time...Very unfair sports advantage

K

Karnivore

Yes its 26. (Chelsea 24, Spain 2).
I made a list that has all players with 5+ goals, 5+ assists and I update it every weekend.
Stats include all competitions (League, Cup, UCL, Europa league, League Cup, WCQ, international friendlies etc..)

Me too, got the same numbers, did it cause I don't trust these online websites.

He's an absoloute joy to watch, perhaps the best we've had since Zola, not as explosive as Hazard or Robben, but in that final third he's absolouely deadly. First touch and technique is out of this world.

KhaledBarca

Me too, got the same numbers, did it cause I don't trust these online websites.

He's an absoloute joy to watch, perhaps the best we've had since Zola, not as explosive as Hazard or Robben, but in that final third he's absolouely deadly. First touch and technique is out of this world.
He's direct and effective. Surely, one of the best alongside Suarez and Bale in the EPL this season.

F

Flavia

We did a ski randonee trip last winter at around 2300 meters, suffered from some altitude sickness about 9 hrs into the trip when we camped for the night...90 minutes of intense running for football at over 3600 meters?...Smart thing is to arrive at least a day or two early and get accustomed to the altitude difference and allow your blood to adjust...but there's no way they will be able to maintain their sporting edge over the local Bolivians in that short a time...Very unfair sports advantage
Fifa should had banned games at that altitude a long time ago. It's really unfair. And Bolivia has another stadiums.

KhaledBarca

BGIJm4jCIAEXAgE.jpg:large

K

Karnivore

I was watching some highlights earlier of Messi in 2008/09 - seemed a tad quicker back then and alot more direct. That goal against Lyon was so good - the control, one-two, then nonchalent pass into the back of the net, brilliant. More expansive player these days.

Irish_Cules

I was watching some highlights earlier of Messi in 2008/09 - seemed a tad quicker back then and alot more direct. That goal against Lyon was so good - the control, one-two, then nonchalent pass into the back of the net, brilliant. More expansive player these days.

He was much more direct and probably more entertaining back then as well. He's more static now and shows greater playmaking qualities but he can still be direct when he wants to. He's more ruthless now as well.

Mitchell1978

He was much more direct and probably more entertaining back then as well. He's more static now and shows greater playmaking qualities but he can still be direct when he wants to. He's more ruthless now as well.

I would add to that, that he's more efficient these days, both in finishing and in the way he plays (more carefull about expending energy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans