10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish_Cules

I am not sure if I get the "conserving energy" part. Why couldn't Messi run more, like Iniesta, who plays most of the games? Messi is only 25, physically he should have no problem running more. And I absolutely want him to be part of the team's pressing game.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to criticize him, I am a huge fan of Messi. :wub:

Messi is our biggest attacking threat. By instructing him to conserve energy and to not run as much, he avoids becoming tired and remains sharp both physically and mentally. This allows him to focus on what he does best; scoring goals, creating goals etc.
The most obvious advantage of this would be towards the end of the match when the opposition are growing tired and begin to lose concentration, Messi is still fresh and is able to take advantage of this and inflict damage on them.

I'm a huge fan of Messi also, and I completely understand the logic behind him having to run less then everybody else. With Pep, he took part in the pressing more than he does now but you could still tell he didn't have to to quite the same extent of everybody else back then also. I don't think its a major problem but I do think it's one of the reasons our pressing game is not as intense as it used to be. I also think it's another step to becoming too reliant on Messi, although it's pretty hard not to become over reliant on a player of his talent.

misterplatin

I don't think Messi will be a midfield player for any top team in Europe .He has always been a forward and he doesn't seem natural to me when he plays as Attacking midfielder for Argentina .Because of his talent he still 'forces' opposition defense to concede goals but it becomes very predictable and sometimes not coherent with the team-system ,something that cannot be played in top European football .Offcourse the sample-size is very small for his midfield games but for now I think of him as a forward even when he becomes slow .

Pepe Silvia

any other attacking player would be out of place in the midfield if they were to take on messi's role but because messi is so damn talented he actually can undertake a midfield role and be effective.

poldep

BH3_JrICAAAx2Tl.jpg:large

poldep

La Liga is in the bag. The most important is getting through the SF of the CL now. I hope he will be fine for the SF.

E

El Messiah 10

For me will be good to "test" Messi against Levante, almost for 30-40 minutes.
It's better to play some minutes and "re-feel the pitch" before a crucial match like one in Munich.

ShandyFFM

http://www.20min.ch/sport/fussball/story/Nachbarn-zu-laut---Messi-kauft-Haus-16513137

funny read i think. its in german but it says messi bought the neighbours house because they made to much party and the noise went to loud for him and his child. because messi doesnt wanted to buy the house next to his the owner gave it to severall people and the increased the noise a lot. so after building a wall around his own house the advocate told messi this would be illegal.... guess what now he bought the house next to him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans