10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karnivore

He should start tomorrow, play 45 mins, score a hat-trick, then get wrapped up in cotton wool ready for Bayern.

F

Flavia

yup, he's given the medical green light
No, he wasn't given the green light yet. He started training with the team, but he'll have another test tomorrow to know if he'll play some minutes against levante.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
No, he wasn't given the green light yet. He started training with the team, but he'll have another test tomorrow to know if he'll play some minutes against levante.

He should not play against Levante... We need him completely recovered against Bayern, and seems too risky to play him on the weekend... I really don't care about his goal tally in La Liga as long as we can make it to Wembley, because let's be honest, without Messi we stand absolutely no chance of winning the CL...

Yannick03

Here is a classical example of a Messi fan. A Messi fan who cares little for the team or even progress.

Absolute bullocks ! Why shouldn't I wish to see my favourite player play when he is supposedly given the medical green light. If he is given the medical green light you could as well blame the medical staff of being a Messi fan and not thinking in the best interest of the team. Like he himself mentioned, he feels better when he can play not when he can rest and he's been able to rest for a almost 2 full weeks.

Don't act like Xaviniesta...

CatalinR10

Absolute bullocks ! Why shouldn't I wish to see my favourite player play when he is supposedly given the medical green light. If he is given the medical green light you could as well blame the medical staff of being a Messi fan and not thinking in the best interest of the team. Like he himself mentioned, he feels better when he can play not when he can rest and he's been able to rest for a almost 2 full weeks.

+1

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

The point is that he was given the medical green light for the Bayern match, not for the Levante match... He isn't ruled out yet as further tests are taking place before the match, but still, in such a critical part of the season it seems that playing him vs. Levante has a bigger risk than reward...

footyfan

Calma, calma
The point is that Yannick thought (and so did I from the post) he was given the green light for the Levante game, in which case it would be better for the team to play Messi rather than rest him, no matter how much of a Barca fan you are/are not.

That condescending remark wasn't very 'delightful'.

Edit: Another thing is that there is nothing wrong with supporting a player over a team. What is so special about a team that puts affection for them on a much holier ground than affection for a player?

Not everyone needs to be a Barca fan to love Messi or just care about him in Barca.

Last edited:

BXI Fútbol

Perhaps it would be good for him to play 15 minutes vs Levante before the first leg, but I think either way it won't make a big difference. Can't wait. Busquets needs to be on point vs Bayern as well, hasn't been at his best lately but with him at his best Barça are nigh-unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans