BFL4mZ8CEAEClps.png

Messi vs Bayern (1st leg)

BIkUFWJCMAAE4PA.png:large

So clear he wasn't fit to play.

R

rivaldo10

messi has the same passing ability and vision laudrup and maradona had

Also Messi had a lot more missed passes than the two midfield masters

thats because he trys to play the ball forward not like iniesta or xavi who most of the time do sideway and back passes

J

jiopi

No way. For one thing, Messi does not seem to have the absolutely astute vision that Xavi and Iniesta possess. Rarely do I see Messi unleashing the type pf visionary long passes that Xavi is known for. Also Messi had a lot more missed passes than the two midfield masters.
:lol:

Messi is easily the best creative passer of the team.

mixer

No way. For one thing, Messi does not seem to have the absolutely astute vision that Xavi and Iniesta possess. Rarely do I see Messi unleashing the type pf visionary long passes that Xavi is known for. Also Messi had a lot more missed passes than the two midfield masters.

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Yeah, ^ there are some passes that Xaviesta have never done.

Last 3 seasons La Liga

Messi has exactly the assists as Xaviesta together

1. Messi 45
2. Iniesta 26
3. Xavi 19

Messi has exactly the throughballs as Xaviesta together

1. Messi 103
2. Iniesta 53
3. Xavi 50

Key passes

1. Messi 201
2. Xavi 173
3. Iniesta 126

mixer

Yeah, ^ there are some passes that Xaviesta have never done.

Last 3 seasons La Liga

Messi has exactly the assists as Xaviesta together

1. Messi 45
2. Iniesta 26
3. Xavi 19

Messi has exactly the throughballs as Xaviesta together

1. Messi 103
2. Iniesta 53
3. Xavi 50

Key passes

1. Messi 201
2. Xavi 173
3. Iniesta 126
Messi :worthy:

oz187

Ah thanks for the reply, I understand their setup better now. I like the current way Argentina play Messi, but I think it relies on having other consistent goalscorers in the team. He's much more of a playmaker in the Argentina setup and with the quality of players around him the burden of goalscoring is lifted from his shoulders.

Yeah, Argentine tried playing like Barca but they didn't have the playmakers to do the Xaviesta role. Since Riquelme left the team they've struggled because of that. What they do have is a big supply of high quality forwards so they've taken advantage of that by making Messi the playmaker. Higuain, Di Maria and Aguero all have their qualities, they have Tevez and Lavezzi too. No shortage of scoring options there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans