10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex88bg

I cannot be angered more at our management.You clearly will not see a better player in your lifetime and you decide to deal with season full of problems its ok we have Leo.
The best player of all time,Valdes was very classy to give the armband because besides Puyol only he deserves it and his look at the end broke my heart.Well Michael Jordan learned what he needs to do to win,how to manage your team,I think Messi will start doing that by next season too...

poldep

BI4kNaCCIAMXbjs.jpg:large

If he can get us this scoreline..the team should be named FC Messi.

In previous years(2008-2011), Barcelona were a dominant force that destroyed most teams. They had the tridents of Henry, Eto'o, Messi, and Pedro, Messi, Villa backed by Xavi at his peak with a brilliant Iniesta and Busquets. Behind them they had the great and fierce Puyol partnering the young and supremely talented Pique. The entire team was magnificent. Some players were only there for a bit(Yaya, Mascherano, Ibra, and various others) but the core of Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Alves, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, and Messi lead the way.

Since last season, it's been clear that the only players still playing at an incredibly high level that are fit are Messi and Iniesta. Xavi and Busquets have still played well but have dropped off in form a bit over the course of the seasons even though they've still had world class performances in some matches. Even Iniesta's brilliance isn't enough to overturn ties.

What I'm trying to say is that for me; Messi dragging Barcelona practically by himself over the past 2 seasons to a league win, a copa del rey, and 2 Champions Leauge semis with a squad composed of injured players(Villa, Abidal, Adriano at various points, etc.), aging players(Puyol and Xavi), and extremely out of form players(Pique and Alves at times) is almost even more impressive than the Champions League wins in the past.

It's clear to me that now this is Messi's team and with the right signings(a world class CB and maybe a striker), Messi will lead it to continued success in both La Liga and in the Champions League.

I agree for the most part, especially with the last statement. Messi's not our only amazing player though, we also have Iniesta, Xavi (while he's not quite as good as he used to be, he's still one of the best midfielders in the world), Busquets (arguably the best CDM in the world), Alba (arguably the best LB in the world), etc. Like you said though, I can see the team being amazing again next season with the right signings. Messi is not the only reason for that, but he's a major part of it.

We won the league and got to the CL semis with a crap defense and (a lot of the time) no scorers besides Messi. Imagine what we could do with the right signings.

If Messi leads us to a comeback like that, I think that'll settle the GOAT debate once and for all.

Last edited:

Leo10

Messi might actually score 5 but our sh!t-excuse-for-a defense will surely concede a couple making it impossible.

I seriously believe that there is more chance of Messi scoring 5 than that our defense ends up with a clean sheet vs Bayern. God I hate our management right now. :banghead:

F

Flavia

That was his best goal this season, I think. I can't remember one better than this one.

J

jiopi

Including 20 game scoring run, two other records today: most away goals in season 24, most scored away games in season 15. Only one away game he hasn't score, Sevilla, he just assisted 2.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That was his best goal this season, I think. I can't remember one better than this one.

He's had some amazing goals this year:

-hat trick sealer vs Depor.
-85th goal of the year vs Betis
-1st goal vs Milan
-Freekicks vs Madrid

But I agree this was the best one.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He's had some amazing goals this year:

-hat trick sealer vs Depor.
-85th goal of the year vs Betis
-1st goal vs Milan
-Freekicks vs Madrid

But I agree this was the best one.

Add:

(1) 1st goal vs Zaragoza at home
(2) Goal vs Depor at home
(3) 2nd goal vs Rayo at home
(4) 1st goal vs Osasuna at home where he totally sold the keeper with a fake.
(5) Goal vs Valladolid away.

Today's goal was a bit similar to the one he scored vs Valencia a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
At the age of 25, Messi has scored as many club goals (311 in 377 games) as Diego Maradona in his whole career (311 in 589) [via

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans