10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick03

How can anyone just be that good at something ? Just his presence alone encourages others, he has an aura over him, something really godlike. You just knew with that freekick it would be going in, 4 minutes on the pitch. It's all he needs, he can score from everywhere. Most complete player ever and GOAT, how this little man has given me so much joy and mind boggling entertainment. I'm eternally grateful to live in the time of Leo Messi, he's 25 and there's a lot more to come.

Can someone imagine he's not even at his peak ?! :blowup:

Xtroverto

With the two goals today, Messi is now the record holder in official goals for 5 consecutive seasons. Pele score 269 goals for Santos 1961-1965, Messi now has 271 2008/09-2012/13. He also has the record for 1,2,3 and 4 consecutive seasons. Next up is 6 consecutive seasons. Pele has that record with 313.

Yannick03

With the two goals today, Messi is now the record holder in official goals for 5 consecutive seasons. Pele score 269 goals for Santos 1961-1965, Messi now has 271 2008/09-2012/13. He also has the record for 1,2,3 and 4 consecutive seasons. Next up is 6 consecutive seasons. Pele has that record with 313.

So he needs to score an additional 42 before the end of next season, he'll beat that easily. There's the Pele comparison gone, Messi scored more goals and it's hard to argue Pele played in a better league.

J

jiopi

Messi%20freekick%201%20Betis.gif

Messi%20freekick%202%20Betis.gif

KhaledBarca

10% - Leo Messi has scored 6 goals from 60 direct freekick attempts this season (club+country) #fcblive Also, 6/60 have Hit the post/cross-bar!

F

Flavia

It's not? Wow thanks for clearing that up Zubi we all thought it was a fluke.

Anyway, this man is the best player ever without a doubt holy shit how he changes a game with just walking onto the pitch.
I think zubi said that in response to betis president, who said Messi was "very lucky to score the 1st time he hit the ball".

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I just have freekick stats for Barcelona players...
You have to ask @whoscored for other players... (Messi has 3/30 in La Liga this season).

I read it somewhere that Messi is 3/31 in La Liga this season while Ronaldo is 3/44 so far. Bastian Schweinsteiger has also scored 3 direct free kicks this season.

I don't follow EPL, wonder how many direct free kicks Gareth Bale has scored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans