10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't see how people still not understand that Messi in false 9 doesn't work.

Because he's been the best player in the world, maybe even of all time in that position?

Cesc is much more important though.

CatalinR10

I don't see how people still not understand that Messi in false 9 doesn't work.

Put him back on the wing, buy a real mobile striker like Cavani and play with Cesc and Iniesta in the midfield.

That way you get the most out of everyone. Cesc will flourish once again like he did at Arsenal.

Too bad that the new striker or Madrid's new striker may become topscorer. Afterall the only thing people on this forum care about are Messi's stats and Ballon d'ors not what is the best for the club.

Don't remember last time when I read a post full of BS. Anyway , Messi is not going to play at another position so you should just....

9yeHXKJ.gif

footyfan

Calma, calma
Any forward who gets bought into Barca will become Messi's water boy. It's just the nature of the beast. It doesn't matter where Messi plays. Even when he was 21, he was the topscorer of the team playing on the RW. And by that time he didn't even become as dominating as he is now.

J

jiopi

Messi's Barcelona vs. Cruyff's Ajax

Age 17-26
Seasons 9
Years 04-13 - 64-73

Team Titles 20 - 17
UCL/EC 3 - 3
League 6 - 6
Minor 13 - 8

Games 380 - 317
Goals 313 - 248
UCL/EC top scorer 4 - 0
League top scorer 3 - 2
Golden shoe 3 - 1
Ballon d'Or 4 - 2

40 years apart, both considered as "total footballers", and in the sense Messi is more similar to Cruyff than Maradona. It's amazing how similar start of their career was.

Yannick03

'Only' 60 goals for Barca this season, with all his injuries, that is frightening. It just looks so easy with him. He'll break his 82 goals record in the one of the following seasons.
I see him play so often, but still my mind cannot comprehend how good he is, no words...

Kerrybai

'Only' 60 goals for Barca this season, with all his injuries, that is frightening. It just looks so easy with him. He'll break his 82 goals record in the one of the following seasons.
I see him play so often, but still my mind cannot comprehend how good he is, no words...

Well his 82 was for club and country. His club record is 73 in 5042 minutes. 60 in 4022 minutes is slightly more impressive. His club + country this year is 65 but of course the season isn't quite over for him yet.

A

Athletic

Because he's been the best player in the world, maybe even of all time in that position?

Cesc is much more important though.
What does being the best player in the world have to do with anything? Unless you think it's more important to have the best player in the world rather than the best team in the world.

Looking at this thread it seems obvious which one people prefer.

B

BlaugranaCule07

Does Messi have a high chance of winning the Ballon d Or?, or will a Bayern/Dortmund player win it this time.

Does Messi have a high chance of winning the Ballon d Or?, or will a Bayern/Dortmund player win it this time.

I think it's gonna be Messi again, with Ronaldo second. Bayern don't really have a Messi or a Ronaldo, that one player who is clearly their best player. And I also doubt that a Dortmund player will win it.

Indignado

Yeah I can't imagine anyone from Bayern or Dortmund winning, they're great as a collective but none of their players stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans