10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

What does being the best player in the world have to do with anything? Unless you think it's more important to have the best player in the world rather than the best team in the world.

Looking at this thread it seems obvious which one people prefer.

Pep moved him to the middle and the results speak for themselves. Pep felt he couldn't get involved as much on the wing. He creates far more goal scoring chances in the middle so he isn't going to be moved anytime soon. You should get used to it.

J

jiopi

Does Messi have a high chance of winning the Ballon d Or?, or will a Bayern/Dortmund player win it this time.
Yes, I would say currently the favourite. Single handedly carried Barcelona to league win. Bayern/Dortmund doesn't have that type of players which performance would be individually more impressive.

Example

Directly contributed points in league (G+A)

Messi 38
Müller 5

That's quite a difference.

Yes, I would say currently the favourite. Single handedly carried Barcelona to league win. Bayern/Dortmund doesn't have that type of players which performance would be individually more impressive.

Example

Directly contributed points in league (G+A)

Messi 38
Müller 5

That's quite a difference.

Yeah, there's that as well. Messi carried Barca to a league win (possibly matching the record, which IMO is amazing considering the flaws in the team this season) and the CL semis.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Great video. Goosebumps.

I did notice a few more tap ins than normal this season but that was to be expected with him charging the box and so many of our other forwards not producing. Still some magnificent strikes in there as well

ShandyFFM

http://www.11freunde.de/nachrichten/messi-barcelona-soll-spielstil-beibehalten

short german article saying : messi told the stuff not to change barcas style and to stay calm. that they need to continue like this and that its getting harder and hardercagainst other teams every year. we cant win everthing every year and we need to prepare for the next season but stay true to our style. then he said the biggest blow was that tito wasnt there when we needed him. without tito its not the same and much more difficult to play

oz187

Does Messi have a high chance of winning the Ballon d Or?, or will a Bayern/Dortmund player win it this time.

If Lewandowski scores a couple of goals in the final he might have a chance, none of the Bayern players really stand out in having a chance to win it I don't think. Messi is definitely the favourite. He's the best player even if he hasn't been in the best team.

BarcaGirl

If Bayern wins the treble, I think Schweinsteiger has a very good Chance to win it. If not Messi, a german player for sure.

Rahj

some bundesliga players will be among the top 10 for sure, but I don't think that a German will win the balon d'or.

J

jiopi

If Bayern wins the treble, I think Schweinsteiger has a very good Chance to win it. If not Messi, a german player for sure.
I don't think so, Sneijder was 4th in treble + WC runner up season, when Barcelona won the league and was in UCL semifinal. And Messi has had better season than 2010.

Indignado

I don't get it. Enlighten me pwease

I tried to say that it's not even remotely true that people only care about Messi's stats rather than the team as a whole. I bet at least 90% of the people on here would have Messi out of the team if it would mean that we would be better without him, but it's a fact that he's the best player in the world and his impact is much smaller on the wing than in the centre.

I tried to say that it's not even remotely true that people only care about Messi's stats rather than the team as a whole. I bet at least 90% of the people on here would have Messi out of the team if it would mean that we would be better without him, but it's a fact that he's the best player in the world and his impact is much smaller on the wing than in the centre.

This. It's not like the team's problems are there BECAUSE of Messi and his scoring stats. The myth about our other forwards having few goals because Messi scores so many is... well... a myth. Sanchez (for example) would probably easily have 20 goals if he could finish. And Messi would have a lot more assists (which is crazy, considering how high his assist stats are already). Like I said, it's not like Messi or his crazy goal/assist stats HURT the team or are the reason for its problems. They're not.

some bundesliga players will be among the top 10 for sure, but I don't think that a German will win the balon d'or.

I also think that Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta will be the top 3 once again. Like I said, Bayern and Dortmund are great teams, but they (especially Bayern) don't really have any players that stand out. And they don't have any player as good as those 3. I can see a Bayern player getting 4th though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans