10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

Bayern's players are too average to compete with Leo for the Ballon d'Or

Are you trolling? Bayern have outstanding players but I guess if you compare them to Messi then you could call them average. Schweinsteiger and Martinez made Xavi and Iniesta look terrible in the semis. Hopefully Thiago can step it up because Xavi has only had like 5 top level matches in the past year(Euro 2012 final and 2nd leg vs Milan come to mind).

M

mitkoa7x

Are you trolling? Bayern have outstanding players but I guess if you compare them to Messi then you could call them average. Schweinsteiger and Martinez made Xavi and Iniesta look terrible in the semis. Hopefully Thiago can step it up because Xavi has only had like 5 top level matches in the past year(Euro 2012 final and 2nd leg vs Milan come to mind).

Only players that come close to Messi are Xavi and Iniesta.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb

made iniesta look terrible...lol go home son you are drunk....

R

rivaldo10

bayern killed us and they are the better team now with the better players without messi.

I fear that when bayern will win the cl this year they will defend it next year and be the first to do that in the cl.

Paganinisrvnge

Our whole team looked terrible because Bayern were superior tactically. Doesn't mean that Martinez > Iniesta or anything like that.

Of course not but Martinez did a phenomenal job in closing down and making life incredibly difficult for Iniesta. Xavi again had one of his poor performances where he passes sideways all match. It's a shame about Messi's injury but it's pretty sad that even with Villa and Alexis who aren't exactly just random ball boys; they still could not create a single decent chance.

R

rivaldo10

we got outclassed by bayern because they have a manager who knew how to beat us and we have a manager who allways plays the same tactic in big games that dosent work anymore.

ShandyFFM

i think the main problem ist that other teams play a different style when playing against us. they alway try too check us out and our tactics and because we keep true to our style its not that difficult anymore for them to analyze our style.. so the biggest strength but at the same moment our biggest weakness is our style

A

Athletic

I tried to say that it's not even remotely true that people only care about Messi's stats rather than the team as a whole. I bet at least 90% of the people on here would have Messi out of the team if it would mean that we would be better without him, but it's a fact that he's the best player in the world and his impact is much smaller on the wing than in the centre.
True, don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Messi even if it may seem like that. He's the best player in the world by a huge margin.

Personally I just think Messi on the wing or even as attacking midfielder with a real mobile striker infront/next to him would be much better.

Fabregas also does much better when there's a mobile striker playing.

Something along the lines of:
Reus - Cavani - Messi
--- Iniesta - Cesc----
------- Busi

Just seems amazing to me. You have wingers that can cut inside and play trough balls, wingers that beat their man with ease. Also a striker that can finish and a midfield that can find a hole anywhere.
The attacking options would be limitless. You'd also be less reliable on Messi alone, so he can rest from time to time. Both fullbacks wouldn't have to push up like crazy, just 1 overlapping would be enough to balance out the more direct play.

Kerrybai

True, don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Messi even if it may seem like that. He's the best player in the world by a huge margin.

Personally I just think Messi on the wing or even as attacking midfielder with a real mobile striker infront/next to him would be much better.

Fabregas also does much better when there's a mobile striker playing.

Something along the lines of:
Reus - Cavani - Messi
--- Iniesta - Cesc----
------- Busi

Just seems amazing to me. You have wingers that can cut inside and play trough balls, wingers that beat their man with ease. Also a striker that can finish and a midfield that can find a hole anywhere.
The attacking options would be limitless. You'd also be less reliable on Messi alone, so he can rest from time to time. Both fullbacks wouldn't have to push up like crazy, just 1 overlapping would be enough to balance out the more direct play.

^ our current wingers can do that. When Alves goes forward Sanchrz should take up central positions. If they weren't so static we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Robbie

The mark of an excellent dribbler is staying unpredictable and forcing the opponent into committing a tackle in the wrong direction. One thing I love about Messi is that defenders have no idea which way he'll turn until it's too late and he already passed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans