10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

I disagree. Cr was brilliant last year. Showed up in all the big games too and scoring against big and small teams. Let's not forget what he did with Portugal too.

He outperformed messi in clasicos too.

This year however it's normal service resumed

Ronaldo was good with Portugal, however Messi was sensational with Argentina, albeit not in a tournament but still good enough to overshadow CR's international year.

rtiano12

Lionel Messi :- The name is only enough. I am in short of words how great this personality is. I mean the kinda skills he has got. He's nothing than GOD GIFTED. The thing that proves him he's the best player in the world till date is these three golden balls he's got.

Yannick03

Lionel Messi :- The name is only enough. I am in short of words how great this personality is. I mean the kinda skills he has got. He's nothing than GOD GIFTED. The thing that proves him he's the best player in the world till date is these three golden balls he's got.

Make it 4 ;)

MMKa

Look at your argument. In 2011 you say cr gets more goals but not trophies so he doesn't deserve it. Next year it's the same situation but roles are flipped but you still give it to messi.

No, is not same.
2011 same goals, way more assists by Messi. "No trophies" Cr, ucl Messi.
2012 Messi much more goals+assists. Both "no trophies".

F

Flavia

Picture: Messi with his son Thiago, his brothers and sister, and their children pic.twitter.com/K1myD2WY2B

943695_493299647409173_1050719298_n.jpg

ollie44

Could Messi be as effective or more effective in a different style of play? Something a lot more direct and quick.

When you see him with the ball and momentum going forward, he is unstoppable. With the slow build-up play, he often is at a stand still and forced to pass.

Obviously he's so good that he could play in ANY style, but it's interesting to see what you think???

Jadentheman

Could Messi be as effective or more effective in a different style of play? Something a lot more direct and quick.

When you see him with the ball and momentum going forward, he is unstoppable. With the slow build-up play, he often is at a stand still and forced to pass.

Obviously he's so good that he could play in ANY style, but it's interesting to see what you think???

If Barca can go back to the more direct days of Ronaldinho. Oh my the partnership with Messi and Neymar would be glorious. Or at least incorporate this tactic when needed.

F

Flavia

He does that with Argentina.

Yannick03

Like Flavia said, he does that with Argentina with the wings providing the runs for his passes. In my opinion, he plays even better for Argentina than for us. Give him any space and he's lethal.

Papabeef

No, is not same.
2011 same goals, way more assists by Messi. "No trophies" Cr, ucl Messi.
2012 Messi much more goals+assists. Both "no trophies".

I think Messi is the reason many today expect that Ballon d'or is given to the highest "stat man" since Messi went so far...

People forget the real idea sometimes, The best player simply... The Zidane's of the year the Dinho's... etc they didnt have the biggest stats but they were brilliant.

CR7 fans expect that if he surpasses Messi in goals and assists, the default would be him being the better player.

Personally i think if Messi had 30% less goals he would be still considered the top right now.

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I agree. While CR "wow's" you, Messi can literally take your breathe away. Along with the stadium around you lol. While CR's play demands applaus, Messi's game makes you question if you should clap, bow, or sit there and weep for joy.
CR is amazing. Messi is magical. Messi is superlative incarnate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans