10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cr7 was the better individual for his team a couple season ago (ie more important, more goals) but lost to messi as he had more trophies.

Now people are saying a bayern player wouldn't win it because messi had a better individual season. Make your mind up.

Messi was the best player every time. You talking about 2011? He and Ronaldo had the same number of goals.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know he's a better player. But people aren't consistent in their arguments. They say xxx should win due to trophies one year and cxx should win due to individual the next year.

Why don't they just have one standard?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi should win on the basis he's the best player. Trophies should not even enter the arguments. For the award to be fair it needs to be judged on the same thing every year. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Andrew M

with the old voting Messi would have lost to Sneijder in 2010. Depends on to whom the votes go. No corruption or anything

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I disagree. Cr was brilliant last year. Showed up in all the big games too and scoring against big and small teams. Let's not forget what he did with Portugal too.

He outperformed messi in clasicos too.

This year however it's normal service resumed

raskolnikov

I disagree. Cr was brilliant last year. Showed up in all the big games too and scoring against big and small teams. Let's not forget what he did with Portugal too.

He outperformed messi in clasicos too.

This year however it's normal service resumed

Let me school you on this:

2009: Messi wins treble with Barca and is the best player by far.

2010: Messi scores more goals than anyone and reaches Ronaldo (R9) numbers, yet Sneijder or Xavi should have been winners, Messi at 4 would be more fair.

2011: Main problem for Cristiano fans in relation with the next year, yes he won golden shoe, 40 goals most ever in la liga at the time and only copa del rey.
That would be better than Messi if it werent for Messi only having one goals less in the whole calander year, way more assists, cl topscorer and won cl and title while being the most important.
That >>> Ronaldo's 2011 year.

2012 is actually way closer than 2011, around the supercopa win for Real I would put Ronaldo slightly up but the record of goals put Messi over him.
Had he won cl or outscored Messi he would have a way better case, assists matter as well though, not overlooking that.

This year so far, he has more goals than injured Leo, but no big prices, its basically the reversed situation from last year. So let Cr7 score 91 goals and he should win it, but there is a lot of time left.
I wouldnt mind a guy like schweinsteiger or Lahm getting it but in the new set up it favours popular players way more.

Thats way its logical to believe that if nothing weird happens, Messi wins it with cr7 coming in second.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Look at your argument. In 2011 you say cr gets more goals but not trophies so he doesn't deserve it. Next year it's the same situation but roles are flipped but you still give it to messi.

IMO 2010- messi 2011- messi 2012- cr 2013- messi

PaulFCB

Banned
2012 cr no way, messi proved he was GOAT with those goals in all competitions which broke a world record.
This is neither about trophies or goals in the La Liga especially when he scored the difference after Barca were practically champions, in games with no importance. It's about the player. Gaynaldo should've been after Iniesta too in 2012.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I have met and talked to Deco countless times in London and I can tell you, that story couldn't be further from the truth. Messi doesn't act like that at all.
I do realise I'm replying to a 5 days old post, by the way.

He's speaking the truth

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Look at your argument. In 2011 you say cr gets more goals but not trophies so he doesn't deserve it. Next year it's the same situation but roles are flipped but you still give it to messi.

IMO 2010- messi 2011- messi 2012- cr 2013- messi

CR never got more goals than Messi though... however they did tie in 2011 (Messi had more assists + won the League + CL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans