10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting a solid 50 goals out of Messi every year. 60-70 goals are very very very hard for him to emmulate again. I'd be happy with more goals from others and more assists from Messi.

Well, he hasn't peaked yet, so I can definitely see him getting 60-70 again, maybe even more (as impossible as it may sound). He only scored 10 less goals this season than last season, and that's with his injury.

Stric

Lets not forget that he's not even his peak yet.

There's no evidence of this. It's only a theory (a plausible one, I'll admit) based on observations by sports experts that most players of that type hit their peak in their late 20s. But it's still different for every player. For all we know, Messi might have already reached his peak and started his decline. Maybe he'll peak at 30. There's no way we can know for sure, don't be so certain.

J

jiopi

Sure, but he has added every season something new to his repertoire, not losing anything in the process. This season he mastered penalties (hammers them now), freekicks and became monstrously effective scorer. Soon there is nothing to add, but physical peak is average in somewhere 27-28.

There's no evidence of this. It's only a theory (a plausible one, I'll admit) based on observations by sports experts that most players of that type hit their peak in their late 20s. But it's still different for every player. For all we know, Messi might have already reached his peak and started his decline. Maybe he'll peak at 30. There's no way we can know for sure, don't be so certain.

Well, footballers usually peak at 27-29, so I think it's safe to say that Messi isn't in his prime yet.

footyfan

Calma, calma
DANI ALVES

Etoo to Messi after the goal: "You gotta pass to me bro in those situations".
Messi: "OK OK next time" *secretly happy with sexy goal*
Henry to Etoo: "You know that's not gonna happen right?"

Last edited:

Galning

That team was so good. Dani's crosses were even great :lol: The scary thing is that Messi is even better now than he was back then, it's insane.

CatalinR10

Lionel Messi has trained normally with ARG today. It is expected he will be able to play against COL on Friday. #fcblive [via fcb]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans