10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabeef

Well, Ronaldo's big game record shits on Messi's this season.

I disagree, but even if Ronaldo scored 1 or 2 more in "big games" (which is a term that depends on individual perspective) then that could be the point to debate about.

Then CR7 fans may go for something on the lines of : "Ronaldo's 2012-13 Vs Messi's 2012-13 big game record comparison", Else nothing really to compare.

Last edited:

mixer

Any news on Messi status for next match ? Gonna rest or play ? its getting a bit bizarre...
I know only what Messi said:

Leo refused to say whether he will play in Tuesday's meeting with Ecuador, "I don't know, I haven't played for a long time, I had a break from football. Playing at such height is exhaustive. Even if I don't play, the national team always comes out to win. [as]

First of all, not really.

Second of all, Messi got injured.

Third of all, in the big games where Messi didn't do that well, it was mainly due to shit tactics. Not his fault.

The only big games where Messi really did badly were the 2nd leg of the CDR, and the first legs against Milan and Bayern. Every time, it was due to shit tactics (and during the Bayern game, he was also half-fit). That's 3 games. Same number Ronaldo did badly in. He didn't do much in the 1st leg of the CDR, was invisible in the second against Man U until they were down to 10 men (and even then, all he did was score a tap in), and didn't do much in the 2nd leg against Dortmund. Besides, I think Messi's performance in the second leg against Milan trumps anything Ronaldo did in big games this season. Not to mention that Messi scored 5 goals in 6 games against Real Madrid, carried Barca past PSG while injured, etc.

I know only what Messi said:

Leo refused to say whether he will play in Tuesday's meeting with Ecuador, "I don't know, I haven't played for a long time, I had a break from football. Playing at such height is exhaustive. Even if I don't play, the national team always comes out to win. [as]

Seems to me like he's not injured but lacking match fitness. I think sitting out the Ecuador game would be best for him.

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Messi completely pwned Cronaldo this season, and even this year, being injured he's still been better player. There's no even need to discuss about it.

World #1 Messi
World #2 Injured Messi
World #3 Rest

CatalinR10

Why is that ?

Messi scored 5 goals in 6 games against Madrid , scored the first 2 crucial goals against Milan , scored against PSG and got the team in the semis even though he was injured.

raskolnikov

Messi completely pwned Cronaldo this season, and even this year, being injured he's still been better player. There's no even need to discuss about it.

World #1 Messi
World #2 Injured Messi
World #3 Rest
people are extremely obsessed with stats though, Ronaldo more goals this year, cl topscorer, no liga title = Messi 2012 in the mind of some. blows my mind.

CatalinR10

people are extremely obsessed with stats though, Ronaldo more goals this year, cl topscorer, no liga title = Messi 2012 in the mind of some. blows my mind.

Messi of 2012 had : a record of 14 goals in the CL
a record of 50 goals in La Liga
a record of 12 goals with Argentina
a record of 91 goals in a year

Mr Hulot

Guys, just enjoy the way Messi plays, there is no need for constant comparisons with Cristiano. Stating stats isn't very effective when it comes to football, as well. Football is a matter of personal taste, there is no objectivity in judging players in my opinion, so the important thing is to take pleasure in watching Messi play!

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Messi is like Mozart.

Some of his contemporaries now and then managed to write a better selling or better rated opera. But Mozart was Mozart, a Wunderkind, and to achieve what he did blindfolded, others had to work hard.

Not saying Messi doesn't work hard. But he's Messi. No need for statistics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans