10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

people are extremely obsessed with stats though, Ronaldo more goals this year, cl topscorer, no liga title = Messi 2012 in the mind of some. blows my mind.

More goals this year? The year is young, plenty of time for Messi to overtake Ronaldo, also Messi has more goals this season.

Messi is like Mozart.

Some of his contemporaries now and then managed to write a better selling or better rated opera. But Mozart was Mozart, a Wunderkind, and to achieve what he did blindfolded, others had to work hard.

Not saying Messi doesn't work hard. But he's Messi. No need for statistics.

Well the stats generally back Messi so it's a useful way of debating... for example Messi won the Pichici this year helping his team to the title, while Ronaldo won the CL top scorer but failed to deliver a title.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Well the stats generally back Messi so it's a useful way of debating... for example Messi won the Pichici this year helping his team to the title, while Ronaldo won the CL top scorer but failed to deliver a title.
True, just saying that for me, it is not really a debate in the first place. The stats should prove the doubters wrong (although haters gonna hate, whatever the stats), but personally, I don't think statistics in football necessarily tell a lot. In this case, they do, but even if Messi scored less goals, he would still be singular.

marcelo

a6ejapud.jpg
g New D & G promo ad, they are also publishing a black and white 120 page book featuring Leo, a different side of him I would say.

J

jiopi

According to the organizers, Messi has to play at least 45 minutes in the GUA-ARG friendly game in Guatemala on Friday. #fcblive [via el9]

MMKa

Many says here "more goals this year" but nobody gave stats. 2013 for Cronaldo and Messi:
33: 32+11
28: 26+12

Source: transfermarkt

raskolnikov

Messi is like Mozart.

Some of his contemporaries now and then managed to write a better selling or better rated opera. But Mozart was Mozart, a Wunderkind, and to achieve what he did blindfolded, others had to work hard.

Not saying Messi doesn't work hard. But he's Messi. No need for statistics.

Guess that makes Ronaldo a rich man's Salieri then:p

J

jiopi

2doths.jpg

Basically half fit Messi is still better player than Cronaldo.

Last edited:

Meitux

Is it me or his injury does seem a little bit more strange,i mean he has been injured since the injury agaisnt PSG and propably hasnt recovered fully and be in good form yet to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans