10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

The CIES Football Observatory in Neuchâtel, Switzerland has added more weight to the Messi - Ronaldo rivalry by backing Messi as the more valuable footballer. The study, released on Thursday, has valued Messi at between €217m and €252m, which is more than double that of Ronaldo’s value.

“There is more chance of Ronaldo leaving Real than of Messi leaving Barcelona, mainly because of his price tag, which puts him out of reach for potential suitors, except for a number of insane investors,” said Rafaele Poli, the study’s co-author.

The study that took age, history, length of contract, performances, parent club, and international caps into consideration, has calculated the values of every player in the five big European league championships. Cristiano Ronaldo’s value is estimated to be between €102m and €118m.

On club level, CIES reports that, “the analysis shows that Barcelona holds the greatest assets from a player economic value perspective: 658 million euro. This figure is three times higher than that spent on signing the players used during the 2012/13 season. This reflects the extraordinary ability of the Catalan side to train, launch and add value to home-grown players.”

This means that the true value of the 2012/2013 Blaugrana squad is 3 times more than what it actually cost the team to develop and put it together.

http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news/cies-says-1-messi-2-cristianos/#more-135599

Here's the list:

64fba3d3453ebd0c43f0ba59441e97c123.png

khorne

Most people are fickle. They go with the flow, and once this is clarified and over, it'll be forgotten. Here in Brazil, for instance, this is not even being really reported. Of course, if he's found guilty, his image will be damaged, but then it'd be his fault.
Given the current economic situation in spain, I doubt people would be so lenient. To be honest, i cannot imagine that the accusations are true, simply because it would be such a unnecessarily stupid and immoral thing to do. Messi has so much money, and what's more the prospect of making so much more in the future. Why would he, or his father or manager or whoever, deprive the state of tax money, in a crisis, to save some money he could probably earn legally within two years?

J

jiopi

So he is worth 42% of the Barcelona squad, seems about right
Yeah, Xaviesta hitting old and others loosing their value with their performances lately. There haven't been player like Messi, with his skills who has achieved what he has before even hitting average prime years.

Galning

Given the current economic situation in spain, I doubt people would be so lenient. To be honest, i cannot imagine that the accusations are true, simply because it would be such a unnecessarily stupid and immoral thing to do. Messi has so much money, and what's more the prospect of making so much more in the future. Why would he, or his father or manager or whoever, deprive the state of tax money, in a crisis, to save some money he could probably earn legally within two years?

Messi's contract with FC Barcelona is 12M per year, let alone with sponsors etc... So he would probably earn that money in less than half a year. I don't think he's guilty, at least not willingly. Messi doesn't seem bright enough to be the mastermind behind all this, let alone be the one executing it. (No disrespect).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Messi was between 19 and 21 years old at the time, I doubt he was involved at all in any of the dealings or the decision-making process with regard to his taxes etc. If anything, it could be his father and his agent behind the scheme, Messi at best can be accused of negligence, I think.

J

jiopi

Nice start and speed from Argentina, completely different from the last game, where only Ecuadorians could run.

F

Flavia

Nice start and speed from Argentina, completely different from the last game, where only Ecuadorians could run.

Couldn't help yourself? :p
You said something about being 5 am in your timezone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans